Taplabs coming to pickering ontario

wotz101

Hi Everyone I just thought I should Post this for anyone in the GTA area looking for a place to hang and discuss and create
I am planning on Opening a studio down in Pickering Ont (Canada) and would love to hear others thought on the Idea
I have been wanting to do this for a long time and never had the opportunity till Now ..
my plan is to open up a 2000sqft studio/workshop equipped with approx 6 3d printers ,large format printing, vinyl cutting,modelling and casting ,decal printing ,electronics and soldering,tshirt printing, and more ...
It will be run on rental and membership ...hoping to get more backing from sponsors and education if possible ..but will be winging it just to get rolling..this would be Mackerspace for the durham region and I hope you will be there to help make this an amazing place
So if anyone on here is from this area ..please let me know what your thoughts are
as I will be hoping to set up classes to learn new tech and old and collaberations on creating fun projects
Cheers
wotz1010(aka John) aka TAP (THINK AND PRODUCE )

well up date as of sunday 26 jan
saw a studio today for rent
down on Westney and Bayly
Really like the space :)
talking to investor to see if its a go could be set up as early as mid Feb :)
really excited
planning on having 5 3d printers Hadron bots ABS/PLA Testing one out at the moment
already have a Makerbot Replicator 2 ..thats been tuned and iupgraded ..prints really nice
will have large format printer /vac forming /vinyl cutter /modelling and casting area/arduino corner/3d design /soldering stations/even got a tshirt printer :)
keep that interest rolling in :):)

I would love to drop in on classes - rental/membership would be awesome too. I mostly work with materials which are relatively easier to use in the home; i would welcome the opportunity to learn more about other options out there.

update as of FEB 24
Finally signed the lease for the studio
1800sqft of space ..will be picking up the keys this week
so mid to the end of march will be the main opening of TAPLABS
Stay tuned :)
oh looking at a direct to garment printer too ..for more t shirt printing fun
:)

ok you asked for it :)
tap-1.jpg
this is the before :) so you can see the begginings
of TapLab

okay after 4 fays of slugging away heres the next step of taplabs :)
getting stuff sorted slowly but surely .....just gotta rebuild that big vac former :) any one wanna help come on vac former engineers heheh
got 2 3d printers up and running ... got the larrge format printer and vinyl cutter ready to roll .....the direct to garment printer is on its way
and a couple of soldering stations are in the mail ......will be ordering 4 more 3d printers ...and have decided to sell my RV and use the money on a laser cutter So start spreading the word I really want this to be an awesome place to hang and build suggestions welcome ...for any other ideas :)
woohhooooooo
vac-former.jpgtap-2.jpgtap-1.jpg

So heres the latest Pics of the front :) getting there really feeling like its a work space now
Graphics corner coming along nicely
hopefully pic up the Laser cutter this Thursday
and started working on setting up the vac former in the back :)
2 new ordbot 3d printers on the way ..cant quite decide on the 2 final 3d printer ..only have 3000 left in the budget for printers so if any one has a suggestion I am open :)

tap-5.jpgtap-4.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back