Confirmed Date & Location
Date & Time: Saturday, November 10, from 12 pM to 6 PM (You can arrive at around 11:30 AM to start setting up if you want to)
3501 Sunrise Blvd #3 (near the vicinity of Sunrise Blvd & Fitzgerald Rd - see map below)
Rancho Cordova 95742
You are encouraged to park and bring your stuff in through the back so as to not affect Toy Fusion's regular operations.
Food wise, this event will just be a pot luck. There are a bunch of places on Sunrise to pick up food that include a Bel Air Grocery store and a Costco only a mile away from the location.
Should anyone have any questions or comments, please PM me.
================================================== ================================================== ==================================
As stated in the San Jose, Milpitas, Fremont, Santa Cruz, Sunnyvale, Mountain View, CA thread, there seems to be an interest in a Northern California prop gathering for this year. I have spoken with a local Sacramento business, called Toy Fusion, about using their warehouse area for a prop gathering. They have agreed to open their location for such a meeting. This would be a private event (ie for us) and would not be broadcast to the general public.
Here are some favorable components to the facility.
Here is a picture of their warehouse facility to give you a little idea of what it looks like.
- Around 2000 square feet of space.
- The business is in an a plaza and there is plenty of parking on the weekends.
- Large sliding garage door to allow easy access.
- There is air conditioning.
- While people would be encouraged to bring their own tables, Toy Fusion has around a dozen 6' tables they are willing to loan.
- As major businesses like Intel, Bank of America and VSP, have offices in the area, there are plenty of hotels near by.
Our board traditionally has this event in the fall, after the convention season. So I can lock in a date, please post as to the following:
I will take submission dates until Saturday, July 21. Once I have some dates, I will talk to the Toy Fusion owners about what works for them and get back to this board about a finalized date and time.
- Let me know if you would care to attend in September, October or November.
- Post what Saturday(s) works for you. They have a group in there every first Saturday of the month so we can not choose September 1, October 6 or November 3.
Specifications as to date restrictions