LONDON FILM AND COMIC CON 2014 July

Not sure. I arrive on friday morning. So im flexible. I thought of 30min before opening? Or is that too early or late? ^^
Ps: i wear a full puff painted spidey suit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i'll be getting there earlier than that, the queue will be absolutely huge even for early entry tickets

Yes I would say the queue is going to be massive due to the star line up

on Friday it won't be as busy it never is it's more for the hardcore cosplayers

I'm there on friday too hoping to get my items signed on friday so that i don't have to worry about on the other days

The early entry queues will start before 7am. How early to get there depends on if you want auto's from the big names or not. This year there are two entrances and sets of queues , the main and and one for stan.

Even with a gold pass I will be there at least an hour before the doors open as this looks to be the biggest show ever.

Hello all , a quick question if i may , have never attended anything like this before but kids and i are thinking of going along tomorrw , my queston is are there any restrictions on taking along prop weapons to have signed? am thinking of maybe taking my resin spatcave Pulse rifle in the hope of having ' Hicks ' himself sign it , any insights tips or info will be appreciated.
Have a great weekend everyone

Cheers
Mike

Their site does have directions for weapons used as part of cosplay but a sifi prop gun that will only be out of the bag to get signed should be no issue, the less like a real gun it looks the safer it is :)

- - - Updated - - -

It's 3 pm, Stan is signing like a machine and the crowds are large and growing. The show does not even open for another 3 hours :)

How did you find getting in? I've been reading on the cons forum there is no organisation for the queues and they are now turning people away as it's full.
Also not letting people back in if they go outside.
I have early bird tickets for tomorrow but the earliest I will be there is about 9 due to the train times.

If you have pre paid tickets then there should not be an issue. I believe the problem today was the pay on the day queue.
Luckily I turned up at 9.05 and just walked in but I was stunned by how big the queue was.
I love these shows and have been going to them for years but I have to say that today was almost too busy to enjoy.
I gave up at 3.30 after it took an hour to get through Carrie Fishers queue.
I will be back at six for the comic event, I'm hoping this will be good as we have no details on what is due to happen :)

Hopefully tomorrow will be a lot quieter as I still have a lot of autographs on my list to get.

Don't get me started on how long and disorganised it was out there today.
arrived at 10 due to traffic in the area.
Got in the queue at 10:30 which was looooong and increasing. But was told by staff it would only be a 3 hour wait.
4 hours later after moving in a queue that had been made up and not organised by anyone, someone from showmasters came along and told us we might not get in.
no food or drink vendors, no information on toilets near the queue.
there were babies and young kids we were all waiting patiently on what was one if the hottest days of the year.
a few of my lot had already quit on the idea of getting in and taken the car home.
we finally got in at 16:40.

Everyone who queued up were amazing, i'm glad nothing kicked off or there was a medical emergency.

On the plus side my Deadmau5 helmet worked a treat today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 81
Got early bird tickets for my family, so got in ~20 minutes after arriving at 09:30. Abandoned my Witch King 20 minutes in, as I was roasting, and the impaired visibility was stopping me from enjoying the great Cosplay of others.

Not sure where the RPF booth was.

Just arrived home and have to say I quite enjoyed it unbelievably hot and busy though , we got there just about 9am straight on the pay on the day queue & was in with early bird tickets by 9.40 so was pleased with that .

Found the system for autograph queues really useful as was only after Michael Biehn so plenty of time checking out everything else , overall a good day.

Mike

If you have pre paid tickets then there should not be an issue. I believe the problem today was the pay on the day queue.
Luckily I turned up at 9.05 and just walked in but I was stunned by how big the queue was.
I love these shows and have been going to them for years but I have to say that today was almost too busy to enjoy.
I gave up at 3.30 after it took an hour to get through Carrie Fishers queue.
I will be back at six for the comic event, I'm hoping this will be good as we have no details on what is due to happen :)

Hopefully tomorrow will be a lot quieter as I still have a lot of autographs on my list to get.

Get any gossip on EP7? ;)

The evening things were a bit weird. The comic gold pass was supposed to give you a meet and great with stan and then access to the comic awards.

I was one of the last into the gold room for the meet , I got a small cup of wine in a very crampt area with a few tables. You were meant to group around the tables then stand would be brought round to each table for a quick talk with each table. It was so packed I there that all the groups merged into one, so I decided to pass on the meet an sit down for the awards. Two minuets later everyone else came out and sat down ans they had decided to change it into a q & a secion :)

Stan was on good form and doing well after such a long day, they also gave away a few freebies due to the change in format.

The comic awards were a bit of a farce, hardly anyone who won was there we and the awards they were giving out we're collected again to give out later as they did not have enought. It was presented by Antony Head who made it quite entertaining and funny.

Getting Carrie fishers auto was a slog but it was worth the wait.

Overall I had a good weekend but not all that I had planned. Next year I think I will have to cut back on the auto's I want to get.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back