Dallas Comic Con 2014 - May 16-18

Kevin Gossett

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Dallas Comic Con - Presented by Fan Expo Dallas |

Anyone planning on attending? It will be held at the Dallas Convention Center this year, so a much larger space. Tickets went on sale this morning, and apparently the VIP packages sold out within minutes. This will be my first Con to attend, and I'm really looking forward to it! One of our own, Pannaus Props, will have a booth set up all the way from Italy to show off the great pieces they produce!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not been since it's been called Dallas Comic Con. My Wife has never been to a con, period, and I know she would have a great time, even for just one day. We havent been the the Irving venue, mostly because of the crowd...we tried but the line was just too long when we drove by. I hope the DCC can contain it all.. :)

I'll be there. Planning on showing up with the wife as Emmet and WyldStyle from the LEGO movie. Barring that, my other options are the Winter Soldier (slim chance) or Raimi Spider-Man (better chance).

I'll be going as The Arrow from CW's show. Looking forward to the new venue and hopefully better management and teams running the event.

Awesome! I'll keep my eye out for you. As it turns out, Fulvio from Pannaus Props was asked to appear at Maker Faire in San Mateo on the same weekend, so I'll be helping out at their booth in his absence... Be sure to stop by!

Seriously..I am sure there are reasons to charge what they do. DCC isn't cheap. I am just happy I was able to take my kids to Sci Fi Expo back in the day. Those were good times and I really miss those cons.

For all the Dad's now...they would have to be serious con folks to pay 120.00+ to take their family to a con for GA.

Now I am sure that is the norm in other cities and their cons. Just something I am not used to seeing at the Big D cons.

Again....if I was a hardcore con attendee, I would pay the 40.00 for myself.

Casual attendee? Not sure. Keep in mind, DCC still wants it's parking paid..that is at least $20.00.

Ah..just saw kids are 10.00. That is cool.

And who am I kidding....a really decent guitar show in Dallas....I would pay upwards of $75.00 to attend. LOL!

Last edited:
Bigger venue for one. Philip Wise (one of the previous owners of the DCC events) said he is still consulting on the events, and his business partner and former owner is still highly involved in running them. I don't think we're going to see too much change (for the worse, at least)

I will be there Friday and Saturday! Pays to have in laws who live in Dallas. I'm so glad they moved out of the Irving convention center. Way to small for the crowds they attract. I will be doing my version of the WS stealth suit, sporting biggeeks helmet and my spun aluminum shield.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Awesome! I'll keep my eye out for you. As it turns out, Fulvio from Pannaus Props was asked to appear at Maker Faire in San Mateo on the same weekend, so I'll be helping out at their booth in his absence... Be sure to stop by!

Nice, thanks for the heads up Kevin. I'll be sure to stop by your booth, you've done some amazing work!

Well, the wife wants to go now... she is a big movie fan but has never been to a convention. Will probably just do Saturday. Hope to see you guys there... (and on May 2 as well)

KJ

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back