California Comic Conventions! 2014!

chaosprince

Sr Member
ae1e6b687a5011e399cf1236f53363c7_8.jpg

(If you're not into anime just skip over those ones haha)
So, Sacramento Comic Con is the first big one I'm planning on going to.

Anyone planning on going to Comikaze?
Tickets should go on sale in June.

Sacramento Comic Con just sold out of the 3-day passes ( that aren't in VIP).
But, individual days are still for sale.

If you have anything in California that's not on my list that you are planning on attending, let me know and I'll see if I can add it to my schedule.

Re: California Conventions! 2014! (SacCC and Comikaze)

So, the Wondercon thread now has a bunch of people, I'm excited to be able to see so many people there from this forum.
It'll be interesting to see so many quality builds and costumes in one place!

Is there any other con on the list (or elsewhere within a state's distance) that a lot of you are planning on attending?

i might go to Camikaze this year, and hope to get tickets to SDCC and Wondercon

i might go to Camikaze this year, and hope to get tickets to SDCC and Wondercon

SDCC and Wondercon are always wild cards for a lot of people.
As tickets for the officially sponsored events sell out before the tickets/badges are made public, a lot of people (me) get left out two years in a row.
I'm hoping to AT LEAST snag a Wondercon Badge this year.

Comikaze is a MUST for me this year. Ticket prices are amazing. Panels are wonderful. Most of all, it's a convention created and produced by Stan Lee; the one he said, "... at least when I was kid, wanted something BIGGER and more directed towards fans than anything else..." .
I've never been to it yet, but I hear good and bad things; it's about time I find out for myself.

But, I'm easy to please...

SDCC and Wondercon are always wild cards for a lot of people.
As tickets for the officially sponsored events sell out before the tickets/badges are made public, a lot of people (me) get left out two years in a row.
I'm hoping to AT LEAST snag a Wondercon Badge this year.

Comikaze is a MUST for me this year. Ticket prices are amazing. Panels are wonderful. Most of all, it's a convention created and produced by Stan Lee; the one he said, "... at least when I was kid, wanted something BIGGER and more directed towards fans than anything else..." .
I've never been to it yet, but I hear good and bad things; it's about time I find out for myself.

But, I'm easy to please...
Well I have been to SDCC for the last 2 years so I get PreReg for SDCC. Haven't been to Wonder Con or Camikaze yet but really want to go.

Well I have been to SDCC for the last 2 years so I get PreReg for SDCC. Haven't been to Wonder Con or Camikaze yet but really want to go.

See, I've never BEEN to a convention since I was 7, and that was for pokemon cards or something.

I'm building an awesome spidey suit and I'm planning on making my first year of conventions one for the books.

I can tell you this much. I have never been to SDCC but want to go this year if I can get a ticket for Saturday. I hear awesome things about it, that said Wondercon and Comikaze are both great LA/So cali conventions that I have attended for my first year(2013). I will never miss another year of either as long as I have money, I also had no problem getting tickets/badges for either.

I knpw for camikaze you can get tickets at the door, I'm just worried about wondercon since I have no idea how to purchase everything I have read says that I need a comic-con member id but nothing else.

Sent from witness protection.

The nearest comic convention is the Sacramento Comic Con coming in March hosted by Wizard. The three day passes are sold out, but singles are still open. You can also buy your day ticket at the door for $10 extra apparently.
This will be my first big convention ever. High hopes.
(SacCon is coming the preceding weekend, but is more for anime and things. It'll still be a good test run for my spidey outfit.)

If you're looking for horror/monsters then Monsterpalooza is by far the coolest place to go. Last year I went to the Long Beach horror/comic con and will never go back. I was expecting a horror con since it's in the name - boy was I disappointed. The cosplayers made it horror, not what was inside. 5 or 10 booths out of a few hundred had anything horror related. Monsterpalooza is 100% horror. Everything from artists, 3D modelers, professional make up (the guys from Face Off are usually there), actors from great horror movies, movie props, horror museum, and last year - Ace Frehley - and if that isn't a nightmare, then I don't know what is! Highly recommended!

If you're looking for horror/monsters then Monsterpalooza is by far the coolest place to go. Last year I went to the Long Beach horror/comic con and will never go back. I was expecting a horror con since it's in the name - boy was I disappointed. The cosplayers made it horror, not what was inside. 5 or 10 booths out of a few hundred had anything horror related. Monsterpalooza is 100% horror. Everything from artists, 3D modelers, professional make up (the guys from Face Off are usually there), actors from great horror movies, movie props, horror museum, and last year - Ace Frehley - and if that isn't a nightmare, then I don't know what is! Highly recommended!

I might add it to my list.
My father made a sick pumpkinhead outfit five years back I could wear.

Oooh glad to see this thread!

I got lucky and got to go to SDCC last year, though with the new system I'm not sure how many days my group can get this year. Haven't been to Wonder Con since they went to southern California, but I enjoyed it when it was in San Francisco. Planning on hitting up Sacramento Comic Con for at least one day, but hopefully more! Like you, I'm hoping it will be a great experience. Comikaze I have yet to experience, but it sounds like it has great panels! Maybe someday.

Oooh glad to see this thread!

I got lucky and got to go to SDCC last year, though with the new system I'm not sure how many days my group can get this year. Haven't been to Wonder Con since they went to southern California, but I enjoyed it when it was in San Francisco. Planning on hitting up Sacramento Comic Con for at least one day, but hopefully more! Like you, I'm hoping it will be a great experience. Comikaze I have yet to experience, but it sounds like it has great panels! Maybe someday.

Look for spider man at Sacramento cc and mention rpf! We will take pictures! And definitely consider comikaze

Confirmed List of Conventions (Paid For Tickets)

1. Sacramento Comic Con - March 7-9 , Sacramento, California
2. Kraken Con, April 6th - Oakland, California
3. BigWow Comic Fest - May 17th - San Jose, California
4. Long Beach Comic Con - May 31 - June 1, Long Beach, California

Pending List of Conventions (Tickets Not Yet Available)

1. WonderCon - April 18-20, Anaheim, California
2. Comikaze - November 1-3, Los Angeles, California
3. San Diego Comic Con (if only)

There's my updated list.

Anyone attending, or wanting to have a meet-up, just add me on Facebook (link under my avatar).

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back