Calgary Comic Expo April 24-27 2014

Goonie

Sr Member
Extended to four days this time, and... tickets are already on sale, and... VIP tickets are already sold out!:eek

Not buying a ticket until I see a guess list. Would be better if they had the $50 weekend pass like last year. $80 is not bad for 4 days but if you gotta work Thursday and Friday...:(

I was gonna try and get a VIP for Saturday today at 10 but I can't justify dropping $160 this close to Christmas for one day. I already have my weekend so I'll just have to suck it up like I've done every year.

Oh yeah. They also announced their first guest. Bruce "The ****ing Chin" Campbell. Even if he's the only celeb I want to meet, I would have zero problems as I've been wanting him to come since I was at the first Calgary expo.

All VIP tickets for 2014 are now sold out. Too early for me to buy something of that price so early. Bruce Campbell coming? Awesome! I wish they could get Trisha Helfer. she's one of the BSG autograps I still need, and she's pretty much a local.

Get ready barflies and postal workers, Cliff Clavin is coming to Calgary! John Ratzenberger was announced as a guest.

Still haven't bought my ticket. Holding off on more guest announcements. Anyone else think the guest line-up isn't as good as last year or the year before? There's maybe only 4 people so far I want to meet this time around.

They finally announced some great guests. Whole cast of Aliens is going to be there including Sigourney Weaver in what seems to be her first comic con appearance. Quite a few people from the Middle Earth movies (LOTR and Hobbit) have been added to the list, including Sean Astin. Now that a Goonie is there I will go get a ticket tomorrow, if I can still get one. Cool to see Lance and Michael returning with the Aliens cast. Chatted with Michael last year and Lance the year before. Both very nice guys.

Last edited:

Tickets are almost sold out. But I was able to get tickets for Saturday and Sunday at the Movie Poster Store on 16th today. They are going fast, there were about 4 people getting tickets at the same time as me.

Last edited by a moderator:
If any of you are going to try Alchemy in Sunridge Mall... they are all sold out of tickets. That was the first place I tried.

I'm just relieved I'm not going to spend as much on autographs this year. There's maybe only 3 or 4. At least that means lest time in lines and I can see more panels this year. Only got one in last year was Richard Dean Anderson's.

Just read on Facebook that Karl Urban can't make it. So just a heads-up if any of you were planning to meet the new Bones.

im mad excited for Bruce Campbell and the turtles. Unfortunately wont be able to make the thursday but will be there friday saturday and sunday open to close.

what are everyones costume plans?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back