Anyone going to Celebration VI ? Will there be a RPF-booth ?

Went to the As You Wish booth and tried to start up some small talk with the lady behind the table; did not get a very warm reception.

I'm getting that a lot at this thing. This is my first but I thought there would be a bit more friendlier people.

Went to the As You Wish booth and tried to start up some small talk with the lady behind the table; did not get a very warm reception.

Did you look at her face or chest?
Seriously, it was busy on Thusday so I can only image what it's been like on the weekend.

Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch

I've seen some of the guys at the table and you all seem really nice, hope to see more of you tomorrow before it ends as its always nice to put faces to people's names on here but I know you guys are busy as I do the uk show with rs props and super trooper and it does get bust keeping an eye on stuff so bear with them I'm sure there more than happy to meet fellow members and prop guys and girls.

Went today (with DRBJR), & the only RPF'ers that we saw/spoke to/met were:

DAVIDYR1
adamata
lonepigeon

And I think I spotted: scruffyrebel (in costume, so I guess I could have been mistaken). She was with someone who was in THE MOST SPECTACULAR General Grievous costume I've ever seen, & they were both being mobbed by picture-seekers.

It was a pretty cool event. I do wish there had been fewer vintage toy vendors & more prop replica companies. But all things considered: :thumbsup

Arrived a bit late for Tom Spina'd panel which was full so missed it. I recognized Scruffy Rebel in her Asoka outfit so I said hi.

I stopped by the As you Wish booth Friday and Saturday and met some people from TDH, but didn't see Art, his wife, or any other RPF members. This could be because I didn't recognize anyone else without RPF t-shirts.

I did go to the Behind the Scenes of the Cantina and saw Tom Spina and company. The panel was so informative and intriguing. Sadly, I had to leave early with my group to secure a position in line for the James Arnold-Taylor and Carrie Fisher panel, which was both hillarious and amazing. It definitely was worth the three-hour wait in line.

Saturday was the highlight of my first celebration experience, I hope to make it to the next one.

Last edited:
Got to meet Dark Horse Comics' cover artist Dave Dorman today. I just randomly walked the exhibit floor and recognized his Name and artwork. He and his wife were super nice! He even took a photo with me and autographed a Darth Maul Artwork Card for me!

Also earlier on Thursday, I got to talk to Obi-Shawn who is also from California. He and a friend drove both his vehicles cross country for this.
He made a lot of progress with his Z-wing since I last saw it at the So-Cal RPF prop party a few months ago. He was showing me a bit of his turbo laser construction and noted how he needed to patch up his Yoda puppet which had a tear on its wrist.

Also I spotted Mary Franklin from SW Insider and Lucasfilm. She was checking out the massive Action Figure Diarama display which was really impressive, you really had to look closely to catch all the whimiscal jokes and funny set-ups of the action figures! She was nice enough to let me get a photo with her.

Hope everyone that went to the event enjoyed it and please have a safe trip home! :)

With a little luck, maybe hurricane Isaac lets me return to Los Angeles! :confused

Thanks Gus,Tom,Brandon,and Stephen for running an awesome panel. I can't believe the incredible work Tom did restoring the zombie tantum (I think I remember when that was up on ebay).

Here's a picture of Gus's baby ewok for those that missed the panel.

It definitely was worth the three-hour wait in line.
:eek Wow, I missed a couple of panels (including one I am now glad I did) by going on Thursday, but I sure did not miss that! Everything I went to I walked right on in.

The pic I got of this that I thought was funny was the hands of every guy in the building holding up their cameras to take these pics! ;)

dsc00560rs.jpg

Also here are my son and I...

dsc00436rscp.jpg

dsc00435rs.jpg

Was a Great Celebration 6. Hope the As you wish project did well.

:eek Wow, I missed a couple of panels (including one I am now glad I did) by going on Thursday, but I sure did not miss that! Everything I went to I walked right on in.

Yeah, some panels you could just walk in on time or a little late and still get a seat, but this wasn't the case for panels like the Mark Hamill, Clone Wars Season 5 premiere, and Seth Green. I actually ended up missing out on the Clone Wars premiere because I got there 20 minutes before it started. I was really bummed about it, but I got to see 80 minutes of some new episodes the next day.

The only panels I wish had been on Thursday were Mark Hamill and Seth Green. And from what I've seen of the Star Wars: Detours, I don't feel bad about missing it. The ones I did go to on Thursday were fairly empty except for the last one by Dave Filoni.

I was working a lot at the TDH/AYW booth and walked around as an ESB Fett and Admiral Ackbar (not the fake one with the ghosbusters trap) :). If you got photos of me as ackbar please let me know. :)

Congrats to TDH, EFX, the 501st and all the artists involved with the success of the As You Wish Project!

Here's a pic of me with Art & StarWars Chick at the CVI TDH booth:

292947_499161876762646_1520865324_n.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back