2014 Toronto Prop Party

I've also been to that Sheraton because of Anime North. There's great rooms in there. When you say it's much larger, did you book one of the Ambrosia rooms?

Hey guys i just received a PM from Dr.Slurpee. I have never attended one of these nor had i heard of it. But i received an invite, so i was just wordering what is it? is it a gathering to network, make new friends, trade war stories. Is there a fee? Thanx...GM

Murdoch, hope you didn't mind the message, I've been sending messages to anyone I've come across that's in Toronto or Ontario to let them know about the Toronto Prop Party. We essentially get together, show off our props, costumes, and even movie/TV cars. There's a lot of shop talk, some trading or selling if you have stuff you want to sell, and generally just having a good time. Think of it like a mini con for props and such. ;) You can check out info and pics from past years on our website and facebook.

There will be an admission fee, and raffle tickets sold to help cover the costs of the event, the goal is to break even and have fun!

If you want to show off stuff or anything all the info is in the PM, you can contact me about anything you need to know.

So we've had to change locations again.
This time it's final. It had to be done in order to save everyone some money.
Waaaaaaay better space. Much bigger than last year's room as well.
It's in Downsview.

New location

Montecassino Hotel
3710 Chesswood Drive, Downsview, Ontario Canada M3J 2W4

I apologize for the changes to location. It has been very frustrating for me and John as well. We are expecting this location to be a serious improvement.

With this new location being 99% confirmed, we can move on to other things now.

I thank you all for your supreme level of patience.

Last edited:
Yeah, Downsview. Sorry. Had to be done. I'm coming from etobicoke, I grab the 401 East. exit Keele, then north to Sheppard, then east on Sheppard to Chesswood.

- - - Updated - - -

Pictures of some of the raffle prizes will be up in a few days.

New place but same date right June 21. Have yet to attend one of these, looking forward to it. My prize donation though, do i bring that when i arrive or is that something you guys want sooner? Let me know...GM

Been to this location before, should work out good. Did some Anime North stuff there. Just confirm the parking situation as I was staff so we didn't have to pay, but it is a pay lot I believe.
I was just at this venue recently for CostumeCon. The lot is pay lot, regular price is $15 for the day, but organizers can negotiate for a special event rate (though I don't know details of this). CostumeCon organizers got $7.50 for the entire weekend of their con

I was just at this venue recently for CostumeCon. The lot is pay lot, regular price is $15 for the day, but organizers can negotiate for a special event rate (though I don't know details of this). CostumeCon organizers got $7.50 for the entire weekend of their con

Just a reminder to everyone of the new location. Parking will be FREE!

Montecassino Hotel
3710 Chesswood Drive, Downsview, M3J 2W4

So sorry! My mistake, I missed that post.

Does anybody need a ride from Downsview Station? I'll be driving to the venue

I hope many of you are taking advantage of the opportunity to have some of your prop builds featured in the upcoming CNE exhibit.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back