2012 Toronto Prop Party **JUNE 2nd, 2012**

Received my package from the ever generous Mr. Davis along with his prize donation for the party. :)

Before any of you think "oh, nice arm patch" that's a 12 inch ruler in the picture. Very cool for any Enterprise fan. Would go great on the back of a bomber jacket!

7092332809_7d56f1bd55.jpg

Thanks Mike!

***UPDATE***

COSTUMING
Just like last year, costuming is welcome and encouraged. I know last year was the first run of the event and I don't recall anyone in costume, but hopefully this year can be different. We will have a group photo event as well so we can all show off our stuff.

Table space allocation
Dr_Slurpee has put together an outstanding floorplan outlining how we plan to arrange the floor.
At this time, we are close to the max. capacity for tables and most of you have already spoken up about the space you may require.
Dr_Slurpee's floor plan will give everyone a solid plan of where they will get to setup so that on the morning of, you'll know where you can set up.
I hope you all appreciate the need to have designated spots in advance as this will save on frustration + allow all those bring stuff to plan things out better and possibly avoid you bringing less or more stuff.

Raffle
We are still putting together a list of raffle prizes, but most have already been discussed in previous posts.
Anyone wanting to donate prizes for the raffle(who have not already) should contact me or Dr_Slurpee directly.
-more to follow-

Name Tags
Thanks to Orange_Blend, all RPF members will have their own custom name tags. A list will be made public which shows 'username' + first names for all those who have confirmed.
If anyone strongly objects to having their first name publicly posted for all to see...please inform me or Orange_Blend ASAP.

June 2nd is quicly approaching and we are now in the final stages of planning.

Again, if anyone has any questions whatsoever, please contact myself, Dr_Slurpee or Orange_Blend as they have been instrumental in ensuring that everything will run as smoothly as possible.

Thanks everyone, for your continued support!
Andrew.

I'm gonna try my best to be there, which would be rather exciting, first prop party for me.

PS: My First name is Robin

I know I mentioned this earlier, and spoke to John via PM but I'm pretty sure I wont need more than a 10X10 space, and a small table. I can't bring the whole she-bang, but some mannequins are expected.

Go Toronto!

David

I think I might be coming, I live in London (ON) so I think the drive will be worth it ahah. I'll be bringing many Harry Potter replica props/custom props.

Is there still any room for 1 more small table? I don't need a huge table, just a small square one, I think it is 3 by 3.

Send Dr_Slurpee a msg, the table sizes are 6 ft or 8 ft. I'm sure would could find half a table for your stuff. Dr_Slurpee has a better idea at this point of. Some people have specifically requested half tables so I'm sure we could find you a table.

A floorplan will be posted shortly.

***UPDATE***

Floorplan
A floorplan has been created to show how all tables will be arranged.

All members who have requested table space/floor space have been given priority.

For efficiency, members will have 'assigned' spaces.

Each space should be fairly comfortable. Dr_Slurpee has done an excellent job with the layout and I can't imagine anyone will be 'disappointed' in the space they will have.

Please appreciate that assigned spaces will save exhibitors a lot of setup time and help to avoid early morning confusion for those planning to get there early.

Some members will have more space than others but it's understandably based on the amount of stuff some are so graciously hauling out.

Last edited:
Is there still any room for 1 more small table? I don't need a huge table, just a small square one, I think it is 3 by 3.

Yeah, we will definitely have a space for you.

We'll figure something out. I'm sure we'll have some Potter fans at the party.

Update

Food
Last year I think we just had pizza and pop. We can do the same thing this year.

Audio/Video

Last year we had an LCD TV with a PS3 hooked up and a separate AVI player.
We didn't seem to need much more, but if anyone wants to bring their own TV or whatever... feel free.

Wheelchair accessibility

The hotel entrance is off Beverly Hills drive. There's a sign that says Convention Centre...go there. They have recently installed sliding doors so accessibility shouldn't be a problem.
http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn38/caveneau/2011%20Toronto%20Prop%20Party/?action=view&current=P5030016.jpg

Venue notes
Anyone who was there last year will tell you that some of the doors in this place don't always open and close so smoothly. I think it adds to the charm. I was there on last Thursday and they were installing a new carpet.
Last year's layout was a trial and error, as long as we could have a steady supply of tables.

Assigned spaces, as in, a designated table either 6ft or 8ft. The floorplan is to make the best use of the room.

Most people have already posted or PM'd about how much space they roughly need and we've been planning around that.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back