Walter Sobchak from The Big Lebowski

Jordicus

Thanks MattMunson for pointing out this subforum to me! I wasn't convinced I had a good enough costume to even share at theRPF, so thanks for that confidence booster;)

Back in 05, I wanted to put together a costume I could get some longevity out of, and fit my large frame, so Walter sounded like the best way to go. It also helps being a huge Big Lebowski fan;) I put together the Walter from the final scattering the ashes scene, as shown here:

donnys-ashes.jpg

Here's what I have so far:

Hunting vest (not quite right pocket-wise, but I modified the width/length to at least hang right)
Drab green shorts
Camel color canvas belt
Jungle issue vietnam era combat boots, Army surplus
Black socks
Black polo shirt (I'm still searching for one with longer button opening in front, and a thinner material)
Dogtag (with walter sobchak on it, and of course, Catholic as his religion;)
Wedding band (funny enough, I got this at a street fair that was right in front of the lot where the bowling alley used to be, RIP)
Remington shooting glasses w/ ear hooks (though apparently, these aren't the right ones)
Black G Force watch
Brown do-rag (this is from the bowling scene after they get back from flubbing the hand off. I have to do this as I don't have enough hair up top to do a proper flat top, haha)
Donny, AKA a Folgers can (not the screenprint one, unfortunately)

And pictures!

This is my obligatory pic with Jeff Dowd, the inspiration for The Dude.

walteranddowd.JPG

This is at LebowskiFest at the Knitting Factory in LA years back, where I met this dude who I thought came dressed as a Dude. Turns out, after talking to him, he lived down the street in a small rental apt. and was unemployed, so he moseyed down to see what was going on. Someone gave him the glasses for the night, but man... talk about a real Dude. hah

walterandrealdude.JPG

And finally, this is at a sports bar in my area that does a Halloween Contest every year. I was one of 10 finalists (9 others were scantily clad women) and when the cheering vote came to me, the place blew up. I won a costume contest, against 9 women, in a sports bar. +1 for Big Lebowski. hah

waltercontest.JPG

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back