Solochaser's David Lo Pan 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry

Solochaser

Halloween! My favorite time of the year. I recently saw a video spoofing Gangnam Style and Big trouble in little China.

Lo Pan Style (Gangnam Style Parody) Official - YouTube

I knew had to make David Lo Pan a reality for Halloween at work. My costume started out with a reaper cloak. Sewing is not a strong point for me but I was able to add ribbon for a fake collar, and gold/ red fabric for the sleeves.

The hat was a little harder to do. I originally started with wire and mesh for the head piece but couldn't get it right so I used poster board. Not totally accurate, but a good start with time to improve. Painted fake nails were added from a kids toy. The wig was from my V costume.

The final piece was the make up and since I didn't want to get early to apply makeup (need precious sleep), I opted to make a mask. Facial hair from a were wolf kit was glued on. This way I could quickly change out of my costume if needed.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back