Sappers - Star Trek TOS - Kirk getup!

sapper36

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
For starters - Here are a couple shots of me from a couple years back...

todd2_zpsf5ca905f.jpg

todd1_zpsc85f914f.jpg

Since then, I've had Thyroid Cancer removed, Gall Bladder removed, Started on MyFitnessPal App & been working out hard - Dropped about 80 lbs so far! Still a bit to go. So here is my best Shatner...

DSCN0705_zpse143a70e.jpg

DSCN0701_zps6195eed5.jpg

DSCN0703_1_zpseaa767d2.jpg

And some treats from Megacon for suffering through those shots.

295508_10200379618885834_465499371_n.jpg

482222_10200379623765956_1915489677_n.jpg

734387_10200379628726080_710924584_n.jpg

And for the Fashion police - Sapper is wearing an Anovos Tunic, Modified Murraymousie pants and Western Costume Co Boots. The props are Diamond select.

Can you tell my wife makes me watch too much project runway?

Looking good, Captain. Those of us who watched Star Trek TOS before it went into syndication have to work a bit harder to look good in our uniforms. I recently had several root canals, a bout of bursitis in my shoulders, and the flu all in the same month. A friend of mine asked me if my warranty had expired.

I really like the pants, but I already need the waist altered because I lost a bit more there. I added the velcro for the phaser & communicator. I also added velcro in the waist band & to a black tank top to make semi-suspenders. Make sure you get the measurements right!

Thanks for the feedback guys! We had lots of fun - I was really amazed at how many young kids in 2009 uniforms wanted photos with us!

Thanks for the information! One last question: how's the fit through the leg? Just ask because the TOS pants always seemed to be more on the fitted size, which is actually how I wear a lot of my pants.

Mine are a bit baggier in the legs than I would like - When I get the waist adjusted I may get the legs pulled in a bit too, or simply resell them & order a new more fitted pair.

Great costume and congrats on the weight loss and other health issue successes. Have you ever considered a promotion to Commodore? If you could pull off "frazzled" I think you'd be a spot on Commodore Decker... "My crew Jim, my whole crew!"

21739-decker.png

Thanks for the feedback guys! We had lots of fun - I was really amazed at how many young kids in 2009 uniforms wanted photos with us!

Well, much as I liked the 2009 film, and the uniforms were a nice tribute to original Trek, the phasers and communicators sucked, IMHO.

And really, phasers and communicators hanging off your belt through the magic of velcro is still way cool.

I'm sure the young whipper-snappers realize that, and have phaser-envy.

Good god - I'm older than Commodore Decker! Thanks for the comparison - Might have to consider that one - Sadly my facial hair comes in really nasty & patchy - My Son's adore me for those genes!

It's funny - I think I was the only TOS Kirk I saw all day - Lots of 2009 uniforms - Very few props out too. Didn't see any Anovos 2009 shirts - really wanted to see one in person.

Ran in to a very nice couple dressed in Anovos BSG dress blues - That is one beautiful costume! Worth every penny to these eyes & it fit them to a tee - He even looked pretty good as Adama! Sadly no pics of those guys.

Little update & some new pics...

Managed to wangle an invite to the Starship Farragut sets in Georgia a few weekends back so here we go!

photo 1 (16).JPGphoto 1 (20)cropped.jpgphoto 2 (17).JPGphoto 2 (23).JPGphoto 5 (16).JPG

This is all Anovos - Shirt & Pants - Plus My very own custom Western Costume Company Boots - Still getting used to the Shatner Heels - but they're breaking in OK. I really like the new Anovos third season pants - They have a good shimmer you can make out in some of the photos - Had a problem on sizing though - Originally orderde the Large - they got here & actually measured 38" around - Managed to get the switched for Medium jusat in time for this trip - The Medium fits great & I wear 32 Levi's for comparison.

And for a time warp - Here is my 2009 Anovos Kirk on the 60s sets - The boots are modified DKNY Rebels - a guy in Israel seems to have found a stash so get them while you can off eBay.

photo 1 (14) cropped.jpgphoto 2 (13).JPGphoto 3 (11).JPGphoto 5 (5).JPG

And yes - Visiting these sets was every bit as cool as it looks! Got to spend the day helping out on some set construction after my little photo op! My most sincere thanks to all the good folks at Starship Farragut & especially Royal & his family for making Wendy & I feel very welcome & making this kids 40 year old dream come true!

Thanks for noticing! I had such a great time! If you ever get a chance to go don't miss it. Royal & the gang are such nice folks & really take pride in their creation!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back