My Completed Captain America TFA

Rikarus

Sr Member
Debut at Starfest 2013 as well, and huge hit!!! Hardly got any pics, but they are trickling in from FB friends.

Again, thanks to all of you who had a hand in this and thanks to all of you who enjoyed it and made me feel so good and proud wearing it!!!

cap 7.jpg cap 5.jpg Cap 1.jpg cap 4.jpg

My favorite pic so far, this kid was so jazzed to shake my hand!!!
cap 6.jpg

What inspired you.
I'm a soldier myself and feel pretty strongly about my patriotism and service, for years my SO has affectionately called me Captain America, and in many ways I relate to the character.

How long it took.
Damn near a year

How much it cost.

When its all said and done, including shield and accouterments, 1600.00 plus.

Specific details for which you are most proud.

I personally tore the cosplay base completely apart, redid all stitching and padding in the pauldarons for a more realistic effect, had cut and sewed ever single piece of leather, and invented my own way to make the Belt buckle functional like a cowboy belt buckle.

Tips.

Study the reference pics, listen to the trail blazers, Sgt Morton, Fly, Steam, Valor, and many many others, Have fun, take your time, and regardless be proud of your creation and enjoy it. I was so afraid I hadn't lost enough weight to make this work and it turned out perfect, Kids LOVED it and everyone else flipped out as well.

Link to build in my Sig!

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back