I surprised my Aunt with a last min Dracon*con costume this year. She naturally has the "look" and hair of the main character Merida from Pixar's Brave.
I studied all the pictures I could find, and tried to re-create the general pattern from scratch. I changed two things though more for comfort and speedy construction more than anything else: I installed a zipper in the back instead of eyelets for the closure, and there is no actual chemise. Instead I built the chemise fabric into the sleeves and collar to make the dress a single piece.
The fabric is actually a 2 way stretch that after I purchased noticed it was labeled "renaissance fair fabric". Never worked with it before, but as long as I finished the seams with a serger, it went pretty smoothly.
Enough chit chat, on to pictures!
10 min after she received the surprise!
A few more photos in the set here:
Merida - Brave - a set on Flickr