Tina from Bobs Burgers

agliarept

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
my 2nd sculpture ever in the amateur hour category is of Tina from the bobs burgers animated cartoon. Just trying to get the shape down before i bake and really sand her down. what do you guys think? glasses are just drawn paper.

if im able to refine this it will be the first thing i will try to mold. what do you fine folks think?

2rnzo6v.jpg

316206f.jpg

kebwhd.jpg

I love that show! The only show I watch the opening titles so I can see what business is next door.

I do not see any problems, but it is hard to tell without color. Should be good.

Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch

thanks on the feedback! still working along on her, have to find a nice small sanding bit for my dremel but so far so good. will add more hair on her crown :)

20z4nqa.jpg

I've seen people make nice glasses using printed plastic, kind of like the stuff that action figure bubbles are made of. There's a thread on the Mego Museum, I'll try and find it for you. I made a pair using Shrinky Dink stuff too.

that sounds awesome. I am going to try and make a mold this week of her. so far she's coming along well.

I'm having a hard time finding a good Molding tool. I used instamold but its pretty terrible, can anyone recommend a mold to use on Super Sculpey?

I know smooth-on has some but not sure which works best to use on super sculpey

I have used brush latex and a plaster mother on sculpey before, it worked fine. It depends on what you are casting in.

thanks! I got smooth-on 15 and plan on casting the first part of the mold tonight. My goal is is to have a nice and painted cast by end of week :)

will post pics of WIP soon

well after a lot of trial and expensive errors i have her casted. can't wait to put color on her and fix some things with air drying clay and package her up. i plan on giving them as a gift for Christmas to some friends.

will post when she's done up.

297675_10102145117229759_840396512_n.jpg

thanks! here's where I am at so far, I know i have a few more tweeks to do. but I like the way she came out.

I learned a lot about molding and sculpting and "pot" life of resin. uhhhhhhhhhh lol

33a6nuh.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back