T-800 chest piece paint

Zombie Killer

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here is my first go at painting something other then a model or prop. The second 2 pics are a better representation of the actual color but the pics are a bit dark, hence the first 2 brighter ones. I have to go back after this dries with a smaller brush for the fine stuff and then put some brighter red paint for blood and then do all the chared and burnt stuff and some weathering. This is just the skin and meat painting part of it. I used Citadel paints and Howlrunners tutorial for the skin and Testors gloss black spray, gloss silver paint and gloss clear spray for the metal and gloss red mixed with gloss black for the meat. I used an xacto knife and sand paper to clean up the metal part to get the smooth finish. I guess this chest was cast off of something that had major damage. Like stage 15 or something! There are chunks everywhere on it. Pretty happy so far, hopefully i don't eff it up finishing it.

DSC01717b_zps44dbb699.jpg

DSC01716b_zps08cb5774.jpg

DSC01714b_zps83e9559b.jpg

DSC01715b_zpsd4545020.jpg

Looks very cool. Maybe i never noticed but were those tiny dings present in the endo on film or in the prop appliance? Or did you add those yourself?

I don't know, my original casting had them so i left them. I probably should have filled them but this was just something for me to mess around with to learn to paint. I have a stack of them so i can do another one when i find better silver, more chrome paint. Also this was originally a foam appliance.

Edit, if i had to take a guess, i would guess this casting was taken from the animatronic after filming the scene when they are about to leave cyberdyne. They used small explosive charges to simulate the bullet hits as he went through the different stages of damage. Any hot pieces of gunpowder or whatever then used would have tore up and burnt into any foam. This is probably why this piece is so damaged and has the pits. This is just a guess though as i don't know exactly what this piece was cast from.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back