Some Vampire Teeth. Out of the computer and in my mouth

BcoleFx

I've been working at a Dental lab awhile and we do a lot of cad cam work. We have mills and a couple 3d printers, which is awesome. I've had the idea to design monster teeth in the computer and print them or mill them in acrylic for awhile but, had no reason to try. The idea is to cut out all the mold making and have the ability to make many copies at once was what got me to think about it. Long story short a customer looking for monster teeth got me to have a reason to give it a shot. After a lot of hours building a workflow. Here are my results.
barryvamp.jpgbarryteethmodel.jpegimage (3).jpeg

I designed them in Zbrush, 3d printed them, did a quick stain job and they went right in my mouth and fit like a champ. I was pretty surprised they fit so well, to be honest. Dont judge the design and paint job too much because it was more of a proof of concept than anything else. Aside from the many hours spent figuring out how to do it, it was about seven hours start to finish(half that was the printer printing it) with no mold making. Im really excited it worked and I wanted to share it with all of you. Thanks for looking!!

Very cool! I too work in a dental lab (21 years) and have the scanners but have to send the files to another lab to print.. I would never be allowed to do that so you are extremely luck to be able too:)

Yeah I feel really lucky to work where I do. The bosses are awesome. I'm sure if I did this a lot theyd charge me for it but, I think they were just as curious to see if it worked as I was.

Awesome. I remember making some the old fashioned way with alginate and dental acrylic about 30 years ago.vampire_teeth.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back