Slender Man FINISHED

xdmray

While waiting for things to dry while working on the Noland stuff, i have been slinging some clay.

i want to do Slender Man for halloween. should be a quick easy build. plan on getting ahold of some drywall stilts.

this is going to be a latex slush cast.
i plan on having some sort of small tentacles coming up the back of the neck to help hide the seam. what you see is not the final design, just wanted a mock up.

LMK what ya think. any critiques welcome.

P8060002.jpg

P8060005.jpg

P8060007.jpg

P8060008.jpg

P8060010.jpg

P8060011.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Slender Man

I was waiting for someone to do a SlenderMan costume. :)
You have kept the sculpt with soft features which matched the game. I say it looks fine. Once finished, anyone who has played the game will know the fear when they see you standing near a tree. :-D

thanks! yeah out of all the fan art, i prefer the ones with soft features. the black tentacles up the back of the neck are my idea(havent seen anyone else do it). thought it would be cool. kinda like how the symbiote attaches itself to venom. plus it gives me a place to slit it up the back and have a place to hide the seam.

EDIT: I think his eyes are too close together. when looking at it straight on, they seem too close.... anyone care to chime in?

Last edited:

thanks Buttman!

so anybody have any critiques at all?

the eyes need fixed im sure of it.

more or less tentacles? how's the overall shape?

come on sculptors. i know there are things i could fix.

is it me? or does the jaw jut out too much as well?

Last edited:

Seeing as his name is Slenderman, I'd suggest adjusting his face shape. He looks too superhero-y. Make his face skinnier and look a bit more, well, slender. But that's just my input. I'm no sculptor for sure. Great job so far though!

yeah, im having a little trouble making it big enough to account for latex shrinkage and still look emaciated. i think if i keep scraping the sides a littlle. profile looks good to me though.... :/

yeah, im having a little trouble making it big enough to account for latex shrinkage and still look emaciated. i think if i keep scraping the sides a littlle. profile looks good to me though.... :/

You can call me B-man :D The inspiration for my name was from MAD magazine :) But anyways, now that I look at it it does look a tad to "bulky". I like the sunken in eye sockets type look of it though, never seen a Slenderman like that. Interesting concept. Are you planning on making copies and selling them?

yeah i will make a plaster mold for latex casts. i want to see if i can cut out the eyes and put in pantyhose. then blend the seams to recreate the smooth look. i have some im going to experiment with first. because if that doesnt work im going to have to change the eyes so that slits can be made to see out of. think silent hill nurse or something like it.

Oh man I would totally buy a slender man mask. Your take on it looks so good. I wouldn't worry too much about it "not looking slender enough" though. Really what makes him slender are his arms and legs being so long. Aside from the lack of eyes, nose, mouth, and ears his head is fairly normal.

Also I have to note that, being a believer in the mythos, this thread would hold a lot of dangerous memetic power if the "Tulpa Theory" holds true... Just sayin XD

Yes, the eyes could go slightly outward. It may actually help make it look thinner once you thin the cheeks with the eyes moved.

Thanks everyone. A little update, havent had much time to works on this lately, but inbetween things i thinned him down a bit. the jaw is less bulky. smoothed out the nose a bit. he still needs more work. im not happy with the eyes.

i love his profile, but straight on it still looks weird to me.

P9100026.jpg

P9100027.jpg

Oh. My. God. I'm planning on doing a Slender Man short film for my college application and I did some sketches of how I wanted the face to look and it's almost identical to your sculpt! Great minds think alike I guess! The sculpt is awesome, I'm definitely watching this with a ton of interest!

If your still working on this mask then I would suggest thinning the face and flattening the nose a little bit . the face should be like a thin oval which is slightly broad in the face area eyes, nose. That is how I did my Alien 3 protector costume. Nice tentacle idea by the way its really unique and it looks great.

Last edited:

thanks everyone for the kudos.

OK, so I have tweaked the eyes, cheekbones, and brows. i have added some neck details, but i think i need to knock back the tendons a little.
I also brought the back of the jaw forward. it was ending past the midline and not very anatomically correct. You def get more of a skull underneath feeling now. I also included a pic of some texture practice. not sure im happy with that either.

All critiques welcome.

P9170002.jpg

P9170004.jpg

P9170005.jpg

P9170006.jpg

P9170007.jpg

P9170014.jpg

Sorry for the double post but, I knocked this one out pretty quick. Probably my quickest sculpt yet.

gonna mold it tonight.

P9180001_zpsa1f75cda.jpg

P9180002_zpsa7506fe2.jpg

P9180003_zps59f044bb.jpg

P9180004_zps238d40a3.jpg

P9180005_zps0b92c250.jpg

P9180006_zps1c0df989.jpg

P9180007_zps91935890.jpg

P9180009_zps283dff03.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back