Casting question? Danzig/Samhain Horned Skull.

syborwolf

Taking a break from Regan and decided to do a quick sculpt with some extra sculpey I had.

image_zps22df32e1.jpg

image_zps45fddfc8.jpg

image_zpsffcdc0c8.jpg

Piece is about 7" wide by 5" in height.
Had to create parts of it as the skull is always partially hidden. A lot of pins and belt buckles out there of this piece, but made this one a little different than all of those.
Hope you like :)
Joe

Last edited:
Re: Quick practice sculpt. Danzig/Samhain Horned Skull.

Dude that is freaking awesome. I absolutely LOVE that album, and that logo. Great work.

Thanks!! It took me about 3 hours. Hardest part were the teeth and cleaning up the sculpey fragments after texturizing the horns.
I really don't like using this type of sculpey because it is hard for me to see imperfections until it is baked and too late to fix!
This particular sculpt I was not too concerned with smoothing, so it worked out good.
I did learn that you need to look at the sculpey sculpt from all different angles, wich really helps see some of the flaws.

Joe

Looks awesome, i don't know how big it is but that would make a sick belt buckle.

Quick paintup Classic Danzig Style ;)

Joe

Last edited:

Few different paint ups :)

One for size ref.

Last edited:

So I want to make a few belt buckles with this mold. This resin is too heavy and I think it would be too weak if I slush cast it hollow. Would polyester or epoxy resin be the answer?? Or something else??
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated :)

Joe

That's a great sculpt! Awesome job :thumbsup

You could use a burr bit to hollow out one of you casts so its about a 1/4" thick, make a new two part mould (front & back) using high temp silicone & cast it in pewter ?

Just a thought :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back