MY DANNY TREJO life sculpt from MACHETE

OLDSCHOOLDAN

Hi!

This is my first post here and I wanted to share my sculpt of Danny Trejo.
He is life size, sculpted in water clay and I will be creating both silicone and latex busts.

Thank you for looking.

Daniel
DANNYTREJOFINISHED12_zpsb1bce212.jpg

DANNYTREJOFINISHED10_zps69b2bf45.jpg

DANNYTREJOFINISHED08_zps258d6d7a.jpg

DANNYTREJOFINISHED07_zpsfcddf895.jpg

DANNYTREJOFINISHED06_zps62d16a30.jpg

DANNYTREJOFINISHED04_zps4425c0d4.jpg

DANNYTREJOFINISHED03_zps049d6ef5.jpg

DANNYTREJOFINISHED02_zpse6fd84be.jpg

Wow! Amazing likeness! This is beautifully done! Speaking as a plastic surgeon, I think Danny would love to have skin texture as nice as that of your bust! Did you "tone down" his skin texture (severe acne scarring) a little? Maybe if it was as severe on a bust as it is in real life it would look over done or be distracting?

This is a tiny quibble; this bust is amazing and fans of the character/actor will be proud to own it.

No resins planned?

What a great face Danny has. The likeness is pretty good (no mistaking who it is), but looking at a few photos of him online and comparing, I think you may have his face a little bit slim (unless it's just lens distortion). Maybe a little more bulk in his cheeks and the sides of the mouth? I always feel too that Danny usually has a kind of angry look, but you have made him look a bit softer, if that makes sense? I think that down to the eyes. I love the fleshiness and creases in the chin and the skin texture is coming along well. Looking forward to seeing this one progress.

Al

Last edited:
Ha, my girlfriend just did his makeup on a small film recently, she's gonna get a kick out of this one. Nice sculpt, there's certainly a lot going on in that face.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back