After my big-head Jim Lee cowl mold gave out (deteriorated too much to get a decent pull), I started thinking about doing a new cowl. I really liked the first Jim Lee, but I didn't want to do it again, plus I wanted to do a cowl that could be used as either a one- or two-piece cowl. Jim Lee's design for the New 52 fit the bill:
Been working on it in between other projects for the last few weeks, but I finally got it to the point I was ready to show it:
The way this is designed will make it much easier to separate the cowl into two pieces---and in two pieces, the neck can be easily shortened if necessary for a better fit.
Still needs more tweaking, smoothing, etc. I hope to have it ready to mold in the next couple of weeks.