Javik - Mass Effect 3 heacd sculpt and latex casting

giedrius

This is my first time making a humanoid head sculpt. so i made a pepakura base of the original from game to measure where i have alter the sculpt, my chin is much longer then Javik's and his neck is much thiner then mine.
I will be making a latex mask of this head with fiberglass reinforced jaw and carapace.

i reinforced pepakura model with some polyester resin from outside an some thick foam strips from inside
me3___javik_by_antikytherael-d4tl2ps.jpg

this is how it looks after few hours of sculpting, and i need to buy few more kilos of air drying clay.

(ignore random items for the eyes, they are there until i get decent eyes)

Last edited:
Re: First time sculpting head - Javik - Mass Effect 3

Omg a prothean among us...hopefully the reapers arent close.....by the way freaking amazn

half lg more clay an few hours of work.
I still need to apply about 1kg more of clay and then will start making textures and adding small details.

i want to make this into latex mask with fiberglass reinforced carapace, how should i cast it? would plaster 2 or 3 part mold would work for this kind of model?

More progress, covered whole thing in clay, added segmentation strips on carapace, redone eyelids and started daitailing whole thing with small cuts, grooves and "pits" on front of his face.

So today i replaced eye with bigger ones and redid whole front in natural colored clay. More or lees done with right side now i need to do the same for the left side, also add some detail and texture to the top

Keep at it. I've never sculpted a head before, either, and I just started toying around with sculpting a Mordin Solus bust.

So sculpt is more or less done.

now i need to buy plaster and latex, so i could start casting it. i really hope this gona work

Looking real good man :) (y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup

Just a coat o primer to even color of sculpt. next week i will spay it with some glossy spaypaint and will start making plaster mold or it

well everything wen to hell. whole head sculpt and plaster mold is in pieces, ruble. because it was my first plaster mold i didn't applied enough plaster to whole head and broke everything when i tried to remove.

so will try to humidify my clay that i used for head sculpt ant try once more. this time with fiberglass mold. at-least i have some experience with that stuff

New head pep base, this time reinforced with foam before applying resign
so back side of carapace is much higher this time

head has 2 front eyes turned out of oak, and 2 rear eyes made from Christmas decoration cut in half. inside is reinforced with foam strips in most of the places and the whole thing is painted with polyester resign. i will be making a fiberglass molds for this ant then latex pull out of it (hopefully)

here are head file https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16229315/javik head 2,0.pdo
here is armor file https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16229315/javik armor.pdo

well sculpting is more or less done, now just need to wait for it to dry and fill all cracks that will show up

So i started making mold for head

this will be 3 part mold (2 sides and top piece)

So i finally finished making fiberglass mold for the head.
and this is the result of me trying to open it.
now just need to make clay wet and remove it

Yeah, Javik! Not nearly enough of him around, imo.

Sucks to hear your first version broke. But! I think your second version came out looking improved, so its not a total loss :)
Good luck on this, I'll be subscribing cause I'm excited to see how this turns out.

Do you plan on making the armor as well?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back