Fettsters 2014 march- may sculpture contest entry

fettster

Sr Member
Hi all.

fancy having a go at this as the prize is really good. I tried to make something for the last one but didn't have time so am definitely slotting some sculpting time in over the next few weeks

This time round I have a fairly good idea of what I want to do. I'm thinking a life size joker bust of my own design, it will be comic based so will have stylised anatomy whilst hopefully looking real at the end.
I'll be using good old fashioned wet clay as it's my favorite medium.

experience wise, I have been sculpting about 5-6 years and am lucky enough to do it as a profession. Tips wise, I'd say just get the cheapest clay you can and just get at it as it's only by doing that you find your way.

ill show progress as I go... Should be fun

Hi guys, as per the rules, here is a very early progress shot. This is just to get my idea out of my head and into clay so may change a lot as I go but it's a start.

Excellent!!! :thumbsup Loving the reference material, though I reckon Tony Blair might have been a better choice for reference for this piece :lol

Excellent!!! :thumbsup Loving the reference material, though I reckon Tony Blair might have been a better choice for reference for this piece :lol

God!! Can you imagine a Tony Blair Joker, The Horror!!!! That would be just too much!!:eek:lol

Excellent Start though!

ha ha, thanks guys, Leigh, the reference is from a different project but I may chuck up a couple of tony blair picks as not a bad idea

Im guessing something along the lines of the green goblin, but who im i :D

What kind of clay are you using for the project Fettster ?

Im all done (with a week to spare)!

Hope you all like it and regardless of it being a competition, I really enjoyed the opportunity to sculpt without restrictions.

all best

This is awesome! And terrifying! lol
The skin texture and wrinkles are so clean, he is going to look so crazy painted up.:thumbsup

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back