The ABCs of DREDD

Colossus601

During my model questing days I wanted an ABC robot so bad but was not going to drop 4 C notes + for a kit that I thought was lacking in detail for my taste.So one day of course...I made one.This time I planed my sculpt with the intention of making it into a Model Kit.IDK why but I like to build/paint some subjects more than once.In my sculpt I made the Robot look more Pissed,gave him Bullet Dings,more detail in the Tempels (T-800...look close) and just overall more ware & tear.I successfully molded the head with a version of,what I found out later was, a matrix mold...man it is a workout rotocasting the heads by hand let me tellya.After that,molding all of the smaller pieces was piece of pie.The completed ABC Robot Head measures 7"x11"x13" I mean this sucker is big.Its cast out of A & B white resin except for the eyes...they are cast in a material that dries clear.I mounted Big red leds in the back of the eyes and it was like a fiberoptic effect...it was perfect.The switch is located at the base of the skull...Turn the lights off in the room and turn the ABC's eyes on.......its
..........Creepy/Cool as hell...
I am going to post the pics of the kit itself on the model forum to show the diff pieces and light kit.This was a blast to make...is a snap to build and a blast to paint...I learned alot on this project.

My next posting will be my "KING of NOTHING" bust.Of course this is my title not the characters real identity.It took me eight years to be able to finish him but I think it was worth it....my posts do get better I Promise......

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg

YES it is full size..7"x11"x13"...All my busts are 1/1 scale.I actually made this beauty into a model kit(this is an assembled and painted one) and even sold some a few years ago. I've also previously posted on RPF my 'Iroman' (i'm nuts for robots) my 'Acid Batman' and will soon be posting a Hellboy,a Quetzalcoatl and the Real face of Darth Vader.
Thanks for the complement...It does mean alot to me.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back