TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt *SHREDDER*

Dericrw

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
If you want to see a project do a complete 180, feel free to look through the thread. I know most people just look at the first or last pages to see if its worth while. So here's what the thread lead up to as for the sculpts. More detail is hidden in the thread!

file-5.jpg

After two years of building replica costumes with pepakura files (Master Chief, and Iron Man MK VI), I decided to try something new.... clay. So far it has been fun and expensive.

But here ya go..... feel free to critique all though I may or may not take your advise :facepalm

Rough shape...
8ee22a0b.jpg

More detail
57b29517.jpg

18022c70.jpg

a5658476.jpg

Started texture but will finish later this week
824452d2.jpg

Hopefully I can keep this updated like my previous thread. Later RPF

Last edited:
Re: 2012 TMNT Replica Costume Sculpt

lookin good so far, but I think his chin looks a little to jay leno ;)

lookin good so far, but I think his chin looks a little to jay leno ;)

I agree to that from that angle, do you still think so from a lower angle perspective...

a7e6efa2.jpg

If anyone else has any input, please feel free I want to have it right before I go forward with texture and eventually molding.

My inspiration comes from another build on this thread and I would like to end up with something similar to it. See photo below.

90524b04.jpg

Mad props to the guys at Extreme Design Fx!

Yours looks to be a little taller where the Extreme Design FX one is more wide - especially in the cheek area. Maybe add some bulk beneath the bandana to firm up the cheekbones? Looking great so far though. Way better than I could do!

After countless dots from a pen. Here it is textured (with flash)

49754c0d.jpg

94beeef6.jpg

6c766618.jpg

deb1229f.jpg

(without flash)
7918caf0.jpg

And yes that is RIVER MONSTERS in the background!

Thanks! I checked out your work on your site, cool stuff!

depending on which Brother your doing I would say you need to build out the mouth area a little more he looks a little short in the beak at the moment
I also think you should experiment a little more with what you are using as a texture stamp

Lance's texture looks like lots of tiny balls because they are raised giving texture to the surface of the sculpt ( i'm sure they weren't done with balls of clay individually ) while yours looks like the end of a tube which leaves the surface flat and just cut into which is all good but you loose the surface texture that will look great in different lighting and also cover up and inperfections
keep up the good work and experiment more with the finish :)

Thanks for all the advice on the features of the head. I'm gonna sit on it for a little bit and watch all the movies to see if I want to go for an accurate build or put my own twist on it.

0c200544.jpg

I started the left arm over a cast of my own arm (to insure a nice fit). And apparently I'm a Trekkie.

f8afc13b.jpg

eff0d960.jpg

c2ae0722.jpg

Took a break to find my wife playing Super Mario World for SN... and she was wearing Leonardo's mask. Hahaaa
847be174.jpg

Till next time RPF, Later!

That is looking really sweet dude! I would have to agree on the textuing issue though. Maybe mixing it up between indents and bumps would work for a more life like finish? I really hope your body design and paint is inspired more by the first film. God they were nice costumes!

It looks great so far but the angle from the cheeks to the temples? Looks too dramatic, I think maybe build up the side of the head where the bandana wraps around?

That is looking really sweet dude! I would have to agree on the textuing issue though. Maybe mixing it up between indents and bumps would work for a more life like finish? I really hope your body design and paint is inspired more by the first film. God they were nice costumes!

Just watched the first film! And yes they were sweet!

I'll play with some more textures when I get the chance, thanks for the advice.

It looks great so far but the angle from the cheeks to the temples? Looks too dramatic, I think maybe build up the side of the head where the bandana wraps around?

To be honest, that's exactly what I thought!

Here's my only concern.

I plan to use the actual eyes to see out of, and when I build the bandana area out I'm afraid the eyes may begin to look smashed together....

Otherwise, here is what I worked on tonight while watching TMNT I

05f45b4f.jpg

The backside of the hand still has a ways to go, but I think the general shape is getting there...
da61205e.jpg

Yeah I suppose that's quite the dilemma. Well, sometimes sacrifices must be made. At least it'll look awesome and you'll be able to actually see haha.

Not much tonight...
Added more detail to the left arm, and will wait to finish until I have the right arm at the same stage to ensure a close match. Also got the right arm lifecast ready to begin adding clay too!

7cf27658.jpg

25042854.jpg

48525d11.jpg

See ya tomorrow RPF!

Well I didn't get anything done worth a photo tonight, but by the end of Easter Weekend, I hope to!

If anyone has any critiques on the forearm, let'em rip! I want to get them right before I even begin to add texture.

I got a little anxious on the head and put texture on it and I will be modifying the shape after I finish the arms. So please let me know what needs to change on the shape of the forearms.

Thank you RPF'ers!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back