1:1 Evil Dead Cheryl Deadite paintup

Howlrunner

Sr Member
I got this "Evil Dead Witch" lifecast from Haunted Studios - they say that it is a "life mask of actual prop head used in the original Evil Dead film". Since getting it, I've done more research and I'm not so sure about their claim - haven't see or read any evidence of a prop head used in the movie. It's probably a cast of an original head that Chris Kuneman did for the movie to show the original makeup design (and should have shoulders as well as a fully rounded head).

Raw resin, hollow cast half head, no ears, as it arrived:

deadite250.jpg

I used the same method as I did with my Ash lifecast to alter it into a full head bust (carved floral foam covered with ModRoc plaster bandages), but didn't add ears this time as I figured they would be hidden by the long hair anyway.

And here's the finished bust, painted up with wig attached (no glass eyes this time - painted them):

EvilDeadCheryl1.jpg

EvilDeadCheryl2.jpg

EvilDeadCheryl3.jpg

Last edited:
WoW that is sweet! Great job.
I've seen a few cheryl's and most are pretty bad. A friend of mine bought a bad one and had it re-done by an artist and it cost a small fortune.
This one is just as nice.
The red around the eyes sets it off. Well done sir.

mike

Thanks guys.

Floral foam is REALLY soft and crumbly so it's very easy to shape. I just use a small, sharp kitchen knife. Once in the desired shape it's necessary to protect it (as you can permanently dent it just by pushing your finger into the stuff), so I could it using plaster-impregnated bandages.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back