Why aren't these movies on Bluray?

the abyss and true lies.........cant come soon enough............cameron needs to get off his blue-cat-ass and release these already.

They did a limited BR run of the 1986 animated transformers but it's now 80.00 used if you can find it. You can find the normal dvd of it without trying but that blu ray is hiding.

This kinda ties in with the "Why isn't it on dvd at all" category, so many great and even mediocre movies don't get printed or do once and never again.

Mulholland Drive
Rear Window
Ed Wood
Catch Me If You Can

They're all out on BluRay.

I think when it comes to these titles, some studios just don't want to pay the expenses in remastering and producing the discs needed to release their movies onto BluRay. This is why you have companies like Shout Factory and Twilight Time licensing movies from other studios so they can make their own BluRay copies. You think Universal would have made "They Live" as awesome as Shout Factory did? I doubt it.

This does however create certain problems, especially for a company like Twilight Time. Their BluRay titles are "limited". When "John Carpenter's Christine" was released on BluRay through them, it sold out in like the first hour or two. Other titles in their library, such as academy award winning films like "As Good As it Gets" and "Philadelphia" aren't even sold out yet. Kind of puts that whole idea of a studio not wanting to waste expenses on BluRays in a new light. They can't even sell 3,000 copies.

They're all out on BluRay.

I think when it comes to these titles, some studios just don't want to pay the expenses in remastering and producing the discs needed to release their movies onto BluRay. This is why you have companies like Shout Factory and Twilight Time licensing movies from other studios so they can make their own BluRay copies. You think Universal would have made "They Live" as awesome as Shout Factory did? I doubt it.

This does however create certain problems, especially for a company like Twilight Time. Their BluRay titles are "limited". When "John Carpenter's Christine" was released on BluRay through them, it sold out in like the first hour or two. Other titles in their library, such as academy award winning films like "As Good As it Gets" and "Philadelphia" aren't even sold out yet. Kind of puts that whole idea of a studio not wanting to waste expenses on BluRays in a new light. They can't even sell 3,000 copies.

Thank you, my list of Films to get is out of date apparently.

I think it is also the constant format change is keeping people from investing in there collections, again. I have VHS ( the Han shot first star wars) DVD, Blue ray, I have plenty of friends who are just not willing to buy all there films only to find that now a new system is out and everything they had is obsolete.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I can't even find the first one on DVD...
I've been looking for the first pokémon movie for ages.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back