Wes Anderson's The Grand Budapest Hotel (Post-release)

Wes Andersons movies are 50/50 but are mostly palatable while watching but quickly forgotten for better stories and movies. Rushmore was great the first time you watch it second not so much Life Aquatic that got turned off 15 mins into the movie due to it being garbage!. The Royal Tenenbaums was ok fantastic Mr Fox was great.

So this will be hit or miss going on his past films.

Great movie, the aspect ratio is changed during the different parts of the movie, it is hardly noticeable if your into he movie. Willem Defoe has some great scenes and great costume.

Wes Andersons movies are 50/50 but are mostly palatable while watching but quickly forgotten for better stories and movies...
I have to agree with this. I liked The Life Aquatic far more than you did, but didn't care for Fantastic Mr. Fox at all. And I'd have to put Moonrise Kingdom and The Grand Budapest Hotel in the same category, i.e. I enjoyed watching them, but ultimately didn't find them memorable nor do I feel the need to watch either of them again any time soon.

Loved it! Really hope prop store of London acquires some of the grey military outfits that Edward Norton is wearing.

Movie had charm and a goofy sense of humor. I liked it a lot though my fiance didn't much care for it.
"Holy **** you got him!" :lol

Watched it last night and it was outstanding. The cast did a wonderful job.

The lesbian painting part when the son 1st notices it gone was a perfect reaction to it.

Ralph & the kid zero worked great together.

Saw this one a couple weeks ago, definitely enjoyed it. The all-star cast really makes it, too. I probably need to pick this one up on Blu-ray at some point.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back