The Walking Dead Season 5 Discussion (Spoilers)

10351822_10154742326760370_9187207576545365327_n.jpg

One thing that bugged me about the flashbacks is that they never explained, as far as the Termite's history, is the jump from "hey let's take Terminus back from the bad guys" to "Hey we should be cannibals now!"
I can see them reacting to the group that was killing and raping them by switching from "be excellent to each other" to "kill or be killed" but they really snapped and went to "let's just eat anybody that comes by."

I would like to talk about Morgan. It seems odd to me that they show him at the end. I mean i was excited that he cleaned his ****** up and the possibility of a reunion with Rick, he would be a valued asset to the group. I had googled the guy and he is starting a new show in the new year called Critical, now can 2 shows be juggled. I really don't know, i guess anything is possible. I just like the badassness that Morgan can bring...GM

Carol continues to be the best thing about this show. I'm going to have a hard time watching any more if they kill her off. I know the whole "nobody's safe" thing creates drama, but if you kill off everyone we love, it's hard to stay invested. Too much of that could seriously backfire. Anyway, great premier. Did anyone else notice the blood spray looks much less CG? Are there more practical effects in this season? Or am I imagining things? Anyway, the zombies and the gore effects looked especially good to me, for whatever reason.

I would like to talk about Morgan. It seems odd to me that they show him at the end. I mean i was excited that he cleaned his ****** up and the possibility of a reunion with Rick, he would be a valued asset to the group. I had googled the guy and he is starting a new show in the new year called Critical, now can 2 shows be juggled. I really don't know, i guess anything is possible. I just like the badassness that Morgan can bring...GM

Its more so for the fans, since Morgan is one of the fans most favorite/asked about character and constantly ask TPTB to bring him back. Not to mention he had a big role in the comics on the way to the safe zone with Michonne.

Whether or not he *pops* up later in the season is a mystery but they set it up to where at some point he will return and run into the group. Lennie James is currently filming his show in the UK so they are waiting to see how that pans out.

Here's an article about it: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-morgan-returns-739960?mobile_redirect=false

- - - Updated - - -

Did anyone else notice the blood spray looks much less CG? Are there more practical effects in this season? Or am I imagining things? Anyway, the zombies and the gore effects looked especially good to me, for whatever reason.

In general the budget for the season premier and finale is usually greater, plus since the show is at an all time high in ratings, that means more advertising $$ for the budget

On Talking Dead they talked about the neck scenes. The used practical effects for the blood and then digitally painted the tubes out. They are starting to do more combinations of digital and practical.

Great episode but too logical.

The last season ended with our heroes in a new caprica situation. But Galactica handled it well. It took four episodes, character deaths and a year of their lives to get out of that.

And there was a huge toll

Hell, on TWD the emerged victorious in the span of one episode. They're in even better shapes than before!

Hell, on TWD the emerged victorious in the span of one episode. They're in even better shapes than before!

If you look at it that way, then the prison group have had a real rough week because the events of the prison falling was only 7 days prior. Seems a lot longer doesn't it

I understand that it's possible that we haven't seen the end of Terminus - but, this whole arc (appears to have) ended on a bad note for me. We spend a good chunk of time and energy to get to Terminus - we get there, they're captured, blow the place to pieces and escape in a relatively short amount of time (episode-wise) with little real info about what Terminus is/was - we get a few one off lines explaining, but that just didn't fill in the pieces enough. Terminus just built up to be something and ended up being a throwaway plot device.... I expected more.

So was that actually supposed to BE Andrea? I thought she shot herself?

Na it was just a nod, just like when they had Hines Ward, Bub from Day of the Dead, and mall zombie from Dawn of the Dead. The zombie was wearing Andrea's outfit from season 2.

The costume designer posted below on her instagram account, so she definitely did that zombie as a nod to her.

KDP52Ok.png

So was that actually supposed to BE Andrea? I thought she shot herself?

She did shoot herself. She knows to shoot herself in the head. However, depending on where you put the guy, you could easily shoot yourself in the head and still be alive. One such example is one that my mother, who is an ER nurse, told me. There was this guy who killed his wife, shot her to death, and then turned the gun on himself, placing it to the side of his head and fired. Unfortunately, he had the gun too forward. So, instead of killing himself, he sent a bullet through the frontal lobe of his head. He pretty much lobotomized himself. I'm sure his plug was pulled years ago, but at the time, she told me he was pretty much a vegetable.

Now, people are going to say, "She could have put the gun under her chin and fired." That may very well be, however, if she did, there's still the chance she had the gun too far forward. In Season 4's episode "Live Bait," the Governor went into an apartment where Bill Jenkins, a legless veteran, used to live. The Governor found the zombified Bill, who apparently committed suicide by shooting himself in his head after climbing into the bathtub. However, he clearly had the gun too far forward (which resulted in his face being destroying his face, possibly lobotomizing himself, leaving his body to starve to death, die and eventually resurrect).

So, if it were suppose to be Andrea, it depends on where she put the gun to shoot herself, and if when she pulled the trigger, it was in a spot where the bullet could cause the correct amount of damage to the brain to keep from resurrecting. But since other sources have confirmed it was just a nod, there's no reason to think it is.

I remember a story about a female police officer who was shot in the head at close range by a perp and not only survived, but made a full recovery and went back to work. The PTSD and flashbacks rendered her incapable of doing the work and I believe that she quit, but she made a full physical recovery and suffered no brain damage from it.

So yeah, it's possible to survive a bullet to the head.

I knew a guy who got shot in the head when he was mugged; left for dead, he was. His girlfriend helped him recover after his time in the hospital, and even though he's fine and more motivated than ever, he did suffer some brain damage. As far as I know, he can't drive anymore, as he explains it, he just can't "handle it''.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back