The Walking Dead Season 5 Discussion (Spoilers)

That's what I thought! When Carl used the magwell of his gun as a hammer I was like "Well, I guess they never intend to get the magazine out of that pistol again."

Too true, I thought almost the same exact thing. Definitely not a good thing to do with a semi-automatic pistol, but I guess they didn't have a hammer or sizeable rock handy, even still, they'd probably would have been better off using the hilt of Michonne's sword.

Now when are they going to kill off Father Useless? He's even worse than Eugene, at least Eugene taught what's her name the water filtering trick so we know that he at leas is somewhat useful, but what has the preacher done so far to pull his weight?

You seem way too excited about spoilers and people being exposed to them. That's just sad.

No, I just find it funny that people blame AMC for being spoiled when they're the ones who went on Facebook, which has been prone to spoilers long before this incident, and should accept their side of the blame. They knew that there was a risk for spoilers for this finale, as there has been for every episode before that, yet they chose to go on Facebook before the episode aired in their region, knowing good and well that Facebook could have spoilers. And that's the only true sad thing about it, is that they don't realize that they're just as much to blame as the source of the spoilers.

And who are you? I don't think I've seen you here before.

Last edited:
Dude, it's one thing when someone on my friends list is a spoilery *******, it's another thing when the show spoils itself. Taken to the extreme, it's like being punished by the thing you like for liking it.

Dude, it's one thing when someone on my friends list is a spoilery *******, it's another thing when the show spoils itself. Taken to the extreme, it's like being punished by the thing you like for liking it.

But you know that there's going to be spoilers on Facebook, no matter where the spoilers is going to be coming from, be it from your family or friends, or from an official source. That's why you don't go onto it when it comes to watching the episode, because there's the high chance of spoilers. Again, the responsibility is not just the source of the spoiler, but those who knowingly go to where there are going to be spoilers. It's like this thread. You know there's going to be spoilers, and by clicking on the thread link to come into it, you are thereby accepting your share of the risk of being spoiled. The same is true with Facebook at the airing of "The Walking Dead", or any other TV show for that matter.

The only time I've ever been spoiled on Facebook was THIS time. So no, I don't know that's going to happen.
I know damn well that I'm taking my chances, as it were, but there is no denying it was a stupid move on the part of their social media team.

No, I just find it funny that people blame AMC for being spoiled when they're the ones who went on Facebook, which has been prone to spoilers long before this incident, and should accept their side of the blame. They knew that there was a risk for spoilers for this finale, as there has been for every episode before that, yet they chose to go on Facebook before the episode aired in their region, knowing good and well that Facebook could have spoilers. And that's the only true sad thing about it, is that they don't realize that they're just as much to blame as the source of the spoilers.
There's a huge difference between between a friend posting a spoiler or reading a comment and AMC posting a spoiler. AMC realized their mistake and apologized for it. I'm not sure why you refuse to see that and just "blame" folks for using Facebook.

Sadly, it really seems that you think it's funny and it's okay for folks to ruin things for other people. There is no "blame" and people shouldn't be afraid to use Facebook or other platforms for "fear" of someone "ruining" their fun (note the quotes - using those words for lack of better terms).

I'm not sure why anyone should be "blamed" for using social networks anymore than going out in public. I can expect someone to talk about The Walking Dead at work or at some social function and I can walk away... I don't have AMC plastering a sign in front of me at one of these functions with Beth's dead body and RIP Beth (just like it popped up at the top of my newsfeed).

So yes... you can "blame" people for using Facebook and the like all you'd like. I'm not "blaming" AMC for anything... I'm saying they're wrong for posting this for several reasons: they've never done something like that before, they posted it before the episode finished airing and before it aired in many locations, they go through great lengths to keep secrets and avoid spoilers... and it makes zero sense for them to ruin the experience for their fans.

You can "blame" folks all you'd like for expecting to use Facebook without AMC posting a huge spoiler, but it's a bit like saying "she deserved to be raped because she dressed a certain way."

I'm not sure why you can't understand that. Fortunately, AMC saw their mistake as that: a mistake and have vowed to remedy that.

Last edited:
I don't have a ton of friends on Facebook (under 100) because I don't use it all that often. My newsfeed never has "spoiler" content, so your argument is flawed. When I go on Facebook I don't expect to see something that will ruin a show or movie for me.

I don't have a ton of friends on Facebook (under 100) because I don't use it all that often. My newsfeed never has "spoiler" content, so your argument is flawed. When I go on Facebook I don't expect to see something that will ruin a show or movie for me.

Exactly the same situation I'm in.

There's a huge difference between between a friend posting a spoiler or reading a comment and AMC posting a spoiler. AMC realized their mistake and apologized for it. I'm not sure why you refuse to see that and just "blame" folks for using Facebook.

There is no difference. A spoiler from a friend and a spoiler from AMC is no different from one another. And I'm not blaming solely the people using Facebook, I'm telling them to accept their side of the responsibility. They knew Facebook could contain spoilers, they chose to go onto it. Again, it's not just the source of the spoiler's fault, it's also the responsibility of the person who knowingly goes to a place where there will be spoilers present. That is something you're failing to grasp.

Sadly, it really seems that you think it's funny and it's okay for folks to ruin things for other people. There is no "blame" and people shouldn't be afraid to use Facebook or other platforms for "fear" of someone "ruining" their fun (note the quotes - using those words for lack of better terms).

No. Again, I find it funny that those who are solely blaming the source of the spoiler for their spoiling when they themselves have their share of the responsibility. If I post a picture, I post it for those who choose to look at it. Whether you look at it or not is not my responsibility. It's your responsibility if you decide to choose to look at it, and when.

I'm not sure why anyone should be "blamed" for using social networks anymore than going out in public. I can expect someone to talk about The Walking Dead at work or at some social function and I can walk away... I don't have AMC plastering a sign in front of me at one of these functions with Beth's dead body and RIP Beth (just like it popped up at the top of my newsfeed).

Again, you just pointed out in the first half of this statement exactly what I'm talking about. Facebook is no different than any other social function. You choose to go on it, whenever you want to. The moment you know there's a likelihood of a spoiler, you decide if you are to walk away and not hear it or if you decide to stay and listen. That is your responsibility about if you want to be spoiled. The same is true about Facebook: it's not just the source's responsibility, it's those who choose to go on Facebook before, during or after the airing of the episode. Even more so for the West Coast or anyone else in the world. If you know that people are going to be sharing spoilers, be it your best friend or AMC on Facebook, no matter if its a person you know or an official source, it is EQUALLY your responsibility for you being spoiled by choosing to go onto Facebook during the first showing before the episode airs in your region.

So yes... you can "blame" people for using Facebook and the like all you'd like. I'm not "blaming" AMC for anything... I'm saying they're wrong for posting this for several reasons: they've never done something like that before, they posted it before the episode finished airing and before it aired in many locations, they go through great lengths to keep secrets and avoid spoilers... and it makes zero sense for them to ruin the experience for their fans.

You can "blame" folks all you'd like for expecting to use Facebook without AMC posting a huge spoiler, but it's a whole lot like saying "she deserved to be raped because she dressed a certain way."

I'm not blaming the people for using Facebook. I'm blaming them for not accepting their share of their responsibility for being spoiled. If you don't want to be spoiled about an episode of "The Walking Dead" that you haven't seen yet, don't go somewhere where there are spoilers. Because if it wasn't AMC and it was someone else, let's say your best friend who posted a screen cap of Daryl carrying Beth from that episode, this same argument is valid: because it's a shared responsibility, not just one sided. THAT's my point.

I'm not sure why you can't understand that. Fortunately, AMC saw their mistake as that: a mistake and have vowed to remedy that.

No, I do understand that. What is clear is that you don't understand that being spoiled to an episode, or even a movie, is a two-way street and everyone that solely blames AMC is just as much responsible because they know Facebook can be prone to spoilers and chose to go onto anyways before they were able to see the episode. I applaud AMC for taking their side of the responsibility, which is something that isn't typical of a source of spoilers, but everyone I've seen complain on Facebook about AMC spoiling things need to butch up and accept their half of the responsibility. If they can't, then that their problem, not AMC's.

The flaw in your argument is the company you keep. I have over 200 on my Friends List in my news feed and have seen spoilers for movies and TV shows (which is why I know not to be on Facebook when I watch "The Walking Dead") both old and new. A majority of them I've been lucky enough to see before hand. And the fact you don't expect there to be something that will ruin a show or a movie for you doesn't mean there's not ever going to be.

Last edited:
With that kind of logic, any pedestrian hit by a car is also partially responsible because they chose to take a walk instead of staying home.
When you take a walk outside you have a reasonable assumption that cars will stay on the road.
When you look at facebook there (used to be, should be, was) a reasonable assumption that you would not be seeing spoilery posts from the social media team of the show that is not finished airing yet.

"Because if it wasn't AMC..."

It was AMC, that's what the bitching is about.

IT.
WAS.
AMC.

That's what this about. AMC posted a spoiler - not my friend, I didn't come to this thread on the RPF and get spoiled. AMC posted it - not Average Joe on the street. No one's bitching about their friend posting a spoiler (at least not here).

You can continue you and try to point the finger back at the people for living their normal lives and checking Facebook (at least you are now somewhat acknowledging AMC responsibility)... but, that doesn't justify it at all.

"Because if it wasn't AMC..."

It was AMC, that's what the bitching is about.

IT.
WAS.
AMC.

That's what this about. AMC posted a spoiler - not my friend, I didn't come to this thread on the RPF and get spoiled. AMC posted it - not Average Joe on the street. No one's bitching about their friend posting a spoiler (at least not here).

You can continue you and try to point the finger back at the people for living their normal lives and checking Facebook (at least you are now somewhat acknowledging AMC responsibility)... but, that doesn't justify it at all.

WRONG. What it's about is that there are many ways that a person can be spoiled and those who get spoiled are just as responsible for it as those who spoil. Whether they are spoiled by someone they know or AMC, it is NOT JUST the source of the spoiler's responsibility, IT IS ALSO the responsibility of the person who chooses to go on Facebook WHERE THERE CAN BE SPOILERS. THAT is what people are failing to see. If you can't see that, then fine. But don't expect me to say that AMC is solely to blame when those who went on Facebook, knowing its a potential source of spoilers, are completely guiltless in the situation. It is no different from this:

You chose to click on this. If there was a spoiler in here, and you knew there was a spoiler here, you thereby knowingly chose to spoil yourself. Just as much as I knowingly put this here.

And you can continue to argue with me until your blue in the face, JD. Just face the fact that I have an opinion that differs from yours. And that will never change the fact that when it comes to spoilers, it's not only the source of the spoiler's responsibility. You click that spoiler link, or if you go on Facebook during the airing on an episode, you risk being spoiled, which is just as much your responsibility as the person who put the spoiler up. You don't want to be spoiled, then avoid where spoilers can be.

With that kind of logic, any pedestrian hit by a car is also partially responsible because they chose to take a walk instead of staying home.

No. Any pedestrian hit by a car is also partially responsible because they didn't look both ways before cross the street. You approach a street, you look both ways because you know there's a chance you can get hit by a car. You don't go on Facebook during the showing of an episode that hasn't aired in your region, because you know there is a chance there might be spoilers present. Same thing: caution is a safety measure. You're not cautious, you end up with a negative consequence.

Last edited:
I can see both sides of the argument. On one hand, I almost always have to start WD an hour late because of engagements I have on Sunday nights. Because I know it is such a hot show, I avoid Facebook, News sources, RPF, etc in order to not have the episode spoiled. You know there will be information out there, so why would you chance it?

On the other hand, AMC posted the picture right to their official Facebook which is probably in poor taste. In fact, if you are the official site you should avoid any spoiler-ish photos for A WHILE in order to make sure the majority of loyal viewers have seen it before you put it out there for the whole world to see. In the age of DVR I'd avoid official spoiler photos for a couple days on the official site.

WRONG. What it's about is that there are many ways that a person can be spoiled and those who get spoiled are just as responsible for it as those who spoil. Whether they are spoiled by someone they know or AMC, it is NOT JUST the source of the spoiler's responsibility, IT IS ALSO the responsibility of the person who chooses to go on Facebook WHERE THERE CAN BE SPOILERS. THAT is what people are failing to see. If you can't see that, then fine. But don't expect me to say that AMC is solely to blame when those who went on Facebook, knowing its a potential source of spoilers, are completely guiltless in the situation.
Nothing I said is wrong. You're refusing to look at the actual issue and keep going off base about what this isn't about - it's not about Facebook and folks posting spoilers - it's about AMC posting the spoiler they did.

And you can continue to argue with me until your blue in the face, JD. Just face the fact that I have an opinion that differs from yours. And that will never change the fact that when it comes to spoilers, it's not only the source of the spoiler's responsibility.
It's pointless to argue or try to explain this anymore - especially, since you refuse to see what this is about. I've already said it, it's not about going to Facebook and seeing a spoiler - it's that AMC posted it. I can't say it more clearer than I already have.

I have no blame, guilt or responsibility over what AMC posts - what they did was wrong. Thousands of fans feel the same way - AMC acknowledged their error (not ours).

No. Any pedestrian hit by a car is also partially responsible because they didn't look both ways before cross the street. You approach a street, you look both ways because you know there's a chance you can get hit by a car. You don't go on Facebook during the showing of an episode that hasn't aired in your region, because you know there is a chance there might be spoilers present.
WRONG. When crossing legally, a pedestrian has the right of way. If you're walking normally (with the light, at a crosswalk) it is the drivers responsibility and fault if he strikes a pedestrian. Just like it's the rapist responsibility if a girl opted to wear that dress.

Just the same, I expect to surf the internet normally on Facebook and not have AMC post a spoiler... (I might expect others to post spoilers... but, it's not about them).

But, like you implied... this discussion has run its course. I'm sorry you can't see what the issue is really about.

Nothing I said is wrong. You're refusing to look at the actual issue and keep going off base about what this isn't about - it's not about Facebook and folks posting spoilers - it's about AMC posting the spoiler they did.

No, it's about people going onto Facebook during a time when they know the spoilers are going to be present, and then blaming the source of the spoilers when they knowingly chose to go onto Facebook when there are spoilers. That's the only issue that there is: equal responsibility for spoilers.

It's pointless to argue or try to explain this anymore - especially, since you refuse to see what this is about. I've already said it, it's not about going to Facebook and seeing a spoiler - it's that AMC posted it. I can't say it more clearer than I already have.

No, I see what it's about. I just see it more than you think I do.

I have no blame, guilt or responsibility over what AMC posts - what they did was wrong. Thousands of fans feel the same way - AMC acknowledged their error (not ours).

You may have no blame, guilt or responsibility about what AMC posts... But you should when you decide to go on Facebook during a period of time when spoilers are likely.

WRONG. When crossing legally, a pedestrian has the right of way. If you're walking normally (with the light, at a crosswalk) it is the drivers responsibility and fault if he strikes a pedestrian. Just like it's the rapist responsibility if a girl opted to wear that dress.

Wow, going into rape to try to prove a point. Even I wouldn't have stooped that low to try and "win" a discussion. There's a difference between who is responsible by law, and who is responsible at the moment. At the moment, when the pedestrian who chooses to walk outside of a crosswalk without looking both ways is just as much responsible as the driver who hits him. Walking at a designated crosswalk is an entirely different issue whatsoever, and was not brought up by the OP who used the example.

Just the same, I expect to surf the internet normally on Facebook and not have AMC post a spoiler... (I might expect others to post spoilers... but, it's not about them).

But, like you implied... this discussion has run its course. I'm sorry you can't see what the issue is really about.

And you can surf the internet normally on Facebook, but to not expect a spoiler is like burying your head in the sand: just because you don't expect to see it doesn't mean it won't be there, even more so when an episode airs.

And thank god the discussion has run its course. And I'm sorry you can't see both sides of the issue.

I can see both sides of the argument. On one hand, I almost always have to start WD an hour late because of engagements I have on Sunday nights. Because I know it is such a hot show, I avoid Facebook, News sources, RPF, etc in order to not have the episode spoiled. You know there will be information out there, so why would you chance it?

On the other hand, AMC posted the picture right to their official Facebook which is probably in poor taste. In fact, if you are the official site you should avoid any spoiler-ish photos for A WHILE in order to make sure the majority of loyal viewers have seen it before you put it out there for the whole world to see. In the age of DVR I'd avoid official spoiler photos for a couple days on the official site.

I'm glad someone else who sees its not just a one-sided thing. Thank you for sharing your input. You are awesome for doing so. :D

Last edited:
Wow, going into rape to try to prove a point. Even I wouldn't have stooped that low to try and "win" a discussion. There's a difference between who is responsible by law, and who is responsible at the moment. At the moment, when the pedestrian who chooses to walk outside of a crosswalk without looking both ways is just as much responsible as the driver who hits him. Walking at a designated crosswalk is an entirely different issue whatsoever.
I mentioned rape and assigning blame to the victim a few posts ago... nothing new about that at all. It's a very valid point - even if it is a much more serious issue. Not stooping "so low" at all.

Simply: based on your logic, if a girl wears short dress or something revealing, she needs to share the blame. Just as if you normally, legally cross the street and get hit, you're too blame (and normally means looking both ways and taking all normal precautions). Just as it's our fault for not expecting AMC to post a spoiler... and we need to "share" the responsibility of AMC acting outside their normal operations.

(As an aside in a conversation via PM with another member (after he nearly used the same line) I said: (about the 'rapist' comparison) I was worried about using that reference. It does feel a little too strong or real a comparison... obviously, you're not harming someone by spoiling a television series and I don't want anyone to think that I feel it's really that comparable outside of the "victim blaming" the other poster is doing.)

Clearly, there are two separate issues here. JD and I think it's a little wrongheaded of AMC to spoil it's own show while it's still airing.

It sounds like your issue is completely different, insomuch as you have a beef with people bitching out being spoiled on social media at all. Which is fine, I suppose. It just doesn't have much to do with my original point.

In any case, we've derailed the hell out of this thread.
Even after having been spoiled I felt the episode was solid, though the death felt completely out of the blue and random as all hell. Seems like things ended between the two groups with both of them not wanting to initiate a massacre, so I'm curious as to where the rest of the season will pick up after the break.

(As an aside in a conversation via PM with another member (after he nearly used the same line) I said: (about the 'rapist' comparison) I was worried about using that reference. It does feel a little too strong or real a comparison... obviously, you're not harming someone by spoiling a television series and I don't want anyone to think that I feel it's really that comparable outside of the "victim blaming" the other poster is doing.)

It is in fact too strong. And I wasn't doing victim blaming. If you bothered to read my posts, you'd see that they are about spoilers, which is an equal responsible thing, especially in this day and age with Facebook, not a one sided crime like rape. You should have known better.

Clearly, there are two separate issues here. JD and I think it's a little wrongheaded of AMC to spoil it's own show while it's still airing.

It sounds like your issue is completely different, insomuch as you have a beef with people bitching out being spoiled on social media at all. Which is fine, I suppose. It just doesn't have much to do with my original point.

In any case, we've derailed the hell out of this thread.
Even after having been spoiled I felt the episode was solid, though the death felt completely out of the blue and random as all hell. Seems like things ended between the two groups with both of them not wanting to initiate a massacre, so I'm curious as to where the rest of the season will pick up after the break.

Eaxctly. There are two issues, both from the same source. Yet, people have made it a personal vendetta that is solely AMC's fault, yet take no responsibility for their side of the action.

And I agree. This post has gone completely off the rails. Let's get back to talking about the episode please.

It did seem random... almost like, "well, we gotta kill someone to keep the fans happy...."

I also don't understand why Rick and the gang went into the hospital and they didn't meet somewhere else.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back