Villains Cast in new Batman Movie: "The Dark Knight Rises"

now I win....
ah08.jpg

And, here comes a friendly reminder...

PrincessDiaries2_037.jpg

Goodnight all.

Nnngh. God. That pic. God. Oh seriously, she hits all my buttons.

Even the goofy face pic; how can you not love expressive women?

I find Anne Hathaway very attractive in a wholesome “girl next door” sort of way. I really haven’t seen any of her movies, except for a few minutes of The Princess Diaries and Get Smart. I’m hoping that they can erase some of that "wholesome goodness" with some sultry makeup and eyeshadow when she plays Catwoman. I would have much rather have seen Olivia Wilde get the role because I think she has more sex appeal and is much more attractive in a “hot” sort of way. But that didn’t happen, and so I’ll be looking forward to seeing how Nolan develops & directs Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle and Catwoman. Bane wasn’t my first choice for a villain either, but again, I hope Nolan’s interpretation & direction will make him an interesting character that has plausibility in the real world.

Personally, I haven’t liked some of Nolan’s casting choices in the past. I have had big issues with some of them. As good as Michael Caine is in the role of Alfred, Caine just doesn’t seem like a butler to me. I really disliked Katie Holmes in her role. I don’t think she brought much to the character at all, and I had an extremely difficult time believing that at 27 years old, she was a successful & experienced DA in Gotham City. Maggie Gyllenhaal was only 'slightly' better in my opinion. Maybe if her career in the movie had been more plausible to me I would have liked her in the role more. Along the same lines-- I am supposed to believe that Cillian Murphy’s character is in charge of Arkham Asylum at 29 years old?? The age of the characters in their careers just didn’t make sense to me. Hopefully, Nolan wont make Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle a 28 year old US Senator or Congresswoman. Otherwise, I’m looking forward to seeing her in the role and I think Tom Hardy will make a great Bane in the Nolanverse. Nolan still makes great movies regardless.

Last edited:
Okayyy, this thread will get a good cleansing. Nothing to stop the press about, but hey, still a first in the movie and entertainment section ;)

So, don´t be surprised when posts you´ve made magically disappear.

Michael
RPF staff

I find Anne Hathaway very attractive in a wholesome “girl next door” sort of way. I really haven’t seen any of her movies, except for a few minutes of The Princess Diaries and Get Smart. .

I would have much rather have seen Olivia Wilde get the role because I think she has more sex appeal and is much more attractive in a “hot” sort of way.

The two actresses you mentioned have successfully reversed those images when needed. See more of their movies. :lol

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back