Page 1 of 22 12345611 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    Jan 19, 2011, 11:46 AM - Villains Cast in new Batman Movie: "The Dark Knight Rises" #1

Anne Hathaway has been cast to play Catwoman in the new Batman movie. Thomas Hardy has been cast to play Bane.

Breaking news over at /Film and a press release:

Anne Hathaway is Catwoman, Tom Hardy is Bane in ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ | /Film

It never occured to me that she might be cast to play Catwoman, but with Christopher Nolan at the helm, I'm excited to see her in the role and how she does.
    From
    Seattle, WA
    Jan 19, 2011, 11:48 AM - Re: Villains Cast in new Batman Movie: "The Dark Knight Rises" #2

Hrm... She's not the person I would've chosen to play Catwoman based on her looks... she's cute, but she's not smokin' hot like I imagine Catwoman to be. On the other hand, she can ACT which is a bonus.

I'm more than willing to give Nolan the benefit of the doubt.
    From
    New York, NY
    Jan 19, 2011, 11:51 AM - Re: Villains Cast in new Batman Movie: "The Dark Knight Rises" #3

I think Hathaway would look good as Selina if they crop her hair like in the comics (and those EYES ). I agree that she can act, so I think the choice is a good one.

(edit) Oh, here:

From
    Philly
    Jan 19, 2011, 11:58 AM - Re: Villains Cast in new Batman Movie: "The Dark Knight Rises" #4

Hmm not sure how I feel about Hardy as Bane but I always hoped they would do a Knightfall movie
    Jan 19, 2011, 12:09 PM - Re: Villains Cast in new Batman Movie: "The Dark Knight Rises" #5

I think she's smokin' hot.

As for Bane...eh. Not my choice for a Batman villain. I worry about CGI over-reliance.
  6. Larry Young is offline Larry Young
    Jan 19, 2011, 12:10 PM - Re: Villains Cast in new Batman Movie: "The Dark Knight Rises" #6

Solo4114 said: View Post
    I think she's smokin' hot.
    I do, too. I think she'll make a great Catwoman.
    From
    Sweden
    Jan 19, 2011, 12:18 PM - Re: Villains Cast in new Batman Movie: "The Dark Knight Rises" #7

I don't know much about the batman comics so most i know about these villians i have learned from the tv shows/movies/cartoons.. Catwoman is a good villainess but i feel that character has been used too much before and with Halle berry crappy catwoman movie really should not be in a batman movie again.
    Bane......well my thoughts about him is what i learned from Batman and Robin: Big guy, strong, Wrestler mask, stupid....
    But when i now read about him on Wikipedi he seems like a great character....How the hell could the have him so crappy in the B&R movie.... Bane (comics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  8. Larry Young is offline Larry Young
    Jan 19, 2011, 12:26 PM - Re: Villains Cast in new Batman Movie: "The Dark Knight Rises" #8

You know, the more I think about it, the more genius I think it is that they cast Hathaway:

From
    The dictatorship of Denmark
    Jan 19, 2011, 12:27 PM - Re: Villains Cast in new Batman Movie: "The Dark Knight Rises" #9

Anne Hathaway is a doll face... too cutesy and pretty bland.
  10. Nothing but the rain.... RPF Premium Member Pete SSS's Avatar
    From
    UK
    Jan 19, 2011, 12:27 PM - Re: Villains Cast in new Batman Movie: "The Dark Knight Rises" #10

I loved the Bane character in Knightfall. That was a really spectacular arc. Such a shame what happened to him in B&R, I haven't kept up with the more recent arc, but didn't they make Bane into Bruce's half brother or something?

Either way, any villan that can break the Bat deserves a proper outing on the big screen. Tom Hardy is a pretty bold, but I think inspired choice. I'm pretty excited!
    From
    Atlanta
    Jan 19, 2011, 12:37 PM - Re: Villains Cast in new Batman Movie: "The Dark Knight Rises" #11

Larry Young said: View Post
    You know, the more I think about it, the more genius I think it is that they cast Hathaway:

Only as long as they do Catwoman exactly like in that picture... the classy 'noir' style. I'm relatively confident Nolan will get it right.
    From
    Wellington, N.Z.
    Jan 19, 2011, 12:39 PM - Re: Villains Cast in new Batman Movie: "The Dark Knight Rises" #12

Solo4114 said: View Post
    I worry about CGI over-reliance.
    You've never watched a Christopher Nolan film, obviously.
  13. RPF Premium Member letmebestormy's Avatar
    Jan 19, 2011, 12:41 PM - Re: Villains Cast in new Batman Movie: "The Dark Knight Rises" #13

This news gets a big woohoo from me. Nolan extracts great performances. If these two get half as into their characters as Ledger did with the Joker it will still be perfect.
  14. RPF Premium Member Hecubus114's Avatar
    From
    Phx, AZ
    Jan 19, 2011, 12:56 PM - Dark Knight Rises villains cast and announced... #14

Anne Hathaway to Play Selina Kyle in The Dark Knight Rises! | Superhero Hype

Catwoman and Bane... Im iffy but have faith in Nolan...

OOPS! Already forgot about the movie forum! LOL
    Last edited by Hecubus114; Jan 19, 2011 at 1:36 PM.
  15. Larry Young is offline Larry Young
    Jan 19, 2011, 12:56 PM - Re: Villains Cast in new Batman Movie: "The Dark Knight Rises" #15

dualedge said: View Post
    Only as long as they do Catwoman exactly like in that picture... the classy 'noir' style. I'm relatively confident Nolan will get it right.
    Well, since Adam Hughes bases his Catwoman on Audrey Hepburn, and Hathaway does that thing, too, my guess is that's how they're going.
  16. Member Since
    Nov 2009
    From
    Niagara, Ontario, Canada
    Jan 19, 2011, 1:06 PM - Re: Villains Cast in new Batman Movie: "The Dark Knight Rises" #16

People will complain about Anne H as Catwoman the same way everyone complained about Heath Ledger as the Joker, and look how good that turned out. I think she will be good, and I'm curious to see how they work out the Bane part of the story.
  17. El Duderino is offline El Duderino
    Jan 19, 2011, 1:07 PM - Re: Villains Cast in new Batman Movie: "The Dark Knight Rises" #17

I'll have to wait to see some costume shots before I can make any judgment. I am excited however to see how this plays out.
  18. RPF Premium Member nick daring's Avatar
    From
    Austin TX
    Jan 19, 2011, 1:15 PM - Re: Villains Cast in new Batman Movie: "The Dark Knight Rises" #18

Hathaway will be a great Catwoman.

Bane... weird.

I'm game but definitely a weird choice.

I like Tom Hardy a lot though. I highly recommend the flick Bronson.

He can put on the muscle when he needs to.

What kind of trilogy ending story can be told with Bane? Hmmm...

Nick
    Jan 19, 2011, 1:20 PM - Re: Villains Cast in new Batman Movie: "The Dark Knight Rises" #19

CTF said: View Post
    You've never watched a Christopher Nolan film, obviously.

I've watched several, actually. But to do Bane, you have to have some degree of CGI. Doesn't Bane derive a lot of his strength from the venom formula? I mean, I'm less familiar with the character, but I thought that generally required that he sort of bulk up in a hulk-esque manner (though maybe not quite so pronounced). Nolan may find an interesting, more down-to-earth way to handle this, but I dunno...
  20. RPF Premium Member CessnaDriver's Avatar
    Jan 19, 2011, 1:24 PM - Re: Villains Cast in new Batman Movie: "The Dark Knight Rises" #20

Bane?

UGH.

I hate that villian! He sucks!
  21. RPF Premium Member nick daring's Avatar
    From
    Austin TX
    Jan 19, 2011, 1:26 PM - Re: Villains Cast in new Batman Movie: "The Dark Knight Rises" #21

Anne Hathaway can do tough.

Here she is with the recently recast Bruce Wayne.

Nick
    From
    Michigan
    Jan 19, 2011, 1:33 PM - Re: Villains Cast in new Batman Movie: "The Dark Knight Rises" #22

He may put on muscle but to represent Bane he will have to be huge. I am a tad disappointed in the decision to use Bane especially out of all the great DC villains there is.
  23. RPF Premium Member thegreatgalling's Avatar
    From
    USA
    Jan 19, 2011, 1:35 PM - Re: Villains Cast in new Batman Movie: "The Dark Knight Rises" #23

I trust Nolan IMPLICITLY, but I have to say I am a bit disapointed to hear no Ridler (But I am sure I will agree with his choice).

I think this has the makes of a CATWOMAN movie, and an appearance by Bane. I would be more than fine with that.
    From
    Wellington, N.Z.
    Jan 19, 2011, 1:40 PM - Re: Villains Cast in new Batman Movie: "The Dark Knight Rises" #24

So, is Bane, like, a steroid abuser?

'ROID RAGE!
  25. RPF Premium Member CessnaDriver's Avatar
    Jan 19, 2011, 1:47 PM - Re: Villains Cast in new Batman Movie: "The Dark Knight Rises" #25

God hopefully it's 95% Catwoman and 5% Bane.

Or my happy place delusion it's just misdirection and Two Face is back.

Bane looks like a reject from the Mexican wrestling circuit.
    I can't imagine what angle he could take on him to make it interesting to me.
    I don't even put him in the third tier villian list.