TWIN PEAKS: The Entire Mystery BLU-RAY!!!

Usagi Pilgrim

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I hadn't even heard that this was coming out! I got a wild hair a couple of days ago, & went looking for a few clips. Lo & behold, I found a listing for this on AMAZON. It's not due to come out til next Tuesday.

http://www.amazon.com/Twin-Peaks-En...sr=8-1&keywords=twin+peaks+the+entire+mystery

Anyways, I go looking on ebay since I had a few bucks in my PayPal account. I find a guy in NY that says he has 6 in hand, So I pulled the trigger. Plus he was listing it at $90, with $6 S&H. That was Wednesday, & today it arrived!

To quote the back-

THE ENTIRE MYSTERY IS FINALLY RELEALED AS ALL THE PIECES HAVE BEEN PUT TOGETHER:

-TWIN PEAKS: The Complete Television Series
-TWIN PEAKS-FIRE WALK WITH ME: The Prequel Film

AND

THE MISSING PIECES: NEARLY 90 MINUTES OF NEVER-BEFORE-RELEASED DELETED/ALTERNATE SCENES

Just thought I'd share, since I knew some fans were here, & I hadn't heard anything about it.

BTW: I went to leave feedback & eBay has pulled the other listings. Won't even let me leave feedback.

Is the 90 min of stuff from the series itself, or from FWWM? I know there was an attempt to get deleted footage from FWWM onto a DVD/blu-ray release, but I'd thought that stalled. I'm also not exactly sure how much that "reveals" as far as the mystery goes (e.g., Cooper's future fate).

Is the 90 min of stuff from the series itself, or from FWWM? I know there was an attempt to get deleted footage from FWWM onto a DVD/blu-ray release, but I'd thought that stalled. I'm also not exactly sure how much that "reveals" as far as the mystery goes (e.g., Cooper's future fate).

All 90 extra minutes are from FWWM. It's all deleted/extended scenes.

There's a neat little interview feature I just watched with Lynch sitting in a Lodge/Restaurant talking with all 3 members of the Palmer family. First, it's in B/W , & he's interviewing them 'in character' about what they've been doing for the last 25 years. Then it switches to color & they discuss the actor's time on the show. In that conversation, Sheryl Lee asks how long the movie would be if they used everything they shot, & lynch says 3 1/2-4 hours. So with the extra 90 minutes here, I'm assuming this has to be darn near everything.

As far as the show goes, everything that was on The Gold Box is here, including the European pilot, the Log Lady intros, all the deleted scenes, & a couple of documentaries that were edited down for that release are on here uncut. I don't have that release, but that's what I've read as far as reviews have gone.

I have to add, this is probably my favorite packaging for any box set I own. Some will hate it, but I'm a fan.

Also, there's supposed to be something on here about Laura telling Cooper she'd see him in 25 years, & this actually being 25 years later.

Last edited:
Interestingly, "Laura's house" is up for sale. I know a friend who is trying to get loans and such to try to buy it, since he wants to move out here anyway.

For those interested, the final deleted scene is titled 'EPILOGUE'. It starts with ,'A Few Months Later', & goes back to the end of the series, with, what I think, is a deleted scene from the series involving several characters, including Cooper.

I have been amazed with how much of the scenes & dialogue that was cut, simply explains stuff folks didn't understand about the film. All of David Bowie's scenes have been included here, & help explain some aspects of the ring.

I've pretty much got next week planned around binging on this set, especially after finding 1 easter egg on the last disc.

I've been waiting on this forever. I was hoping they'd do a collectors box with some props or something but I'll still be getting a copy of this. How did the dude get hold of this so early?

I've been waiting on this forever. I was hoping they'd do a collectors box with some props or something but I'll still be getting a copy of this. How did the dude get hold of this so early?

No Idea. But like I said, eBay pulled the listing down sometime after I bought mine. He had 5 left, IIRC.

You're wanting a prop reminded me. The box is unusual, with a hinged top, with a black ribbon to keep it from opening too far. Then each 'page lifts upward like a steno pad, with the discs in sleves on the back of each page. Each page has an image that pretty much goes chronologically, starting with the town sign, & ending with the train car. As I was putting disc 10 back in it's slot, I notices that the bottom of the box looks like dirt, & I saw a little door. When I opened it, theres a small slip of paper in the recess that has FIRE WALK WITH ME scribbled in red ink. I gotta be honest. At 2:30 this AM, when I found it, It was a little bit eerie.

This show brings back memories for me--not because I ever watched it, but because of a neighbor I used to have.

Back during the show's first run, she was really really REALLY into this show!! She worked at night and would program her VCR to record it. One night the power in our neighborhood went out for a moment. Not for long, but of course it stopped the program on her VCR. She couldn't get off work, but she called me to record it for her. Unfortunately my VCR was in the shop at the time (yes, people actually used to work on those things).

Anyway, she was so distraught she wanted me to go to her apartment and break out a window, climb in and reprogram her VCR!......and I did it...I didn't want to, but I did. I smashed out a kitchen window--glass everywhere--crawled in and programmed the thing and left the mess there for her to clean up......The next day she was so thankful she bought me a case of beer.

Now that's a fan!

Yeah, my memories are about when FWWM came out. I was a Lynch fan because of Wild at Heart. That movie gave most of my friends our vocabulary during our senior year of high school. When FWWM came out, I had just gotten married, & my wife's family came over to see it, but I had never seen any of the show. They HATED it as much as I loved it. All I know about the show, I've researched during the intervening years, but I just never found the time to sit down & watch it. Going through it episode by episode now, Knowing all that I do has been a really enjoyable experience. Since FWWM is what I'm familiar with, & it was basically a prequel to the show, I feel like it's going by in chronological order.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back