True Detective

Vivek

Master Member
HBO series True Detective starring Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson.

Looks great, long wait till January 2014.

True Detective: Official Trailer (HBO) - YouTube

TRUE DETECTIVE Trailer. HBO's TRUE DETECTIVE Stars Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson | Collider

"True Detective is written by Nic Pizzolatto and directed by Cary Fukunaga. The series is described as an “elevated serial narrative” that uses multiple perspectives and time frames. It centers on two detectives, Rust Cohle (Matthew McConaughey) and Martin Hart (Woody Harrelson), whose lives collide and entwine during a seventeen-year hunt for a serial killer in Louisiana. The investigation of a bizarre murder in 1995 is framed and interlaced with testimony from the detectives in 2012, when the case has been reopened. The show is envisioned as an anthology, and these first eight episodes will tell a complete story involving McConaughey and Harrelson’s characters."

Last edited by a moderator:
This show is so intense. I feel like I'm holding my breath during the entire episode. Really loving it and can't wait to see how it plays out.

Every time I think this show can't get any more dark, weird, or just plain effed up, it raises the bar. Just wow! Tonight's episode was great and next week's looks to top it.

They haven't been signed for a second season (at least not last I checked about a week ago), but regardless, this is a one-season deal. The vision of the creator is that each season will follow the same 2-detective-interview-retelling-of-a-crime outline, but will feature a different cast and crew. This will be the only season with Harrelson/McConaughey.

Cant wait to see who they cast for season 2. So many good potential combos!

Also, I absolutely loved the rendition of "Sign of the Judgement" sang by Cassandra Wilson recorded by T Bone Burnett at the end of ep. 06. If you can find this song, please post!!

I haven't watched it yet, but I understand they referenced "The King in Yellow" in an episode which, though written before Lovecraft, is of a very similar theme and has been adopted into the Cthulhu mythos. That's quite cool IMO.

Last edited:
I don't want this to end. These two characters are aome of my favorites ever. I'm excited for a new season and new cast, but I'll never be able to shake the amazing performances from this season. What a great home run right from the start.. I hope they stick the landing!

Direct foreshadowing in episode 3?

13045349514_c5789a822c_o.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back