Tron 3 (Tron Legacy Sequel)

I don't recall seeing Tron, just Alan in that. I did see Tron in Legacy though, you see the same movie?

By that notion you can't say Ram was in it either then. Plus, Alan says his nickname in the real world is TRON and Ram calls him Tron - so yes, Tron was in it.

Seriously, we need more Boxlightner in the next movie - if they really do one. I read somewhere this movie was actually the first in years to be saved by the merchandise - people bought up the disks, cycles and shirts.

Part 2 to this mini-movie will be on the blu-ray.

Looks cool. I can't wait. I heard that that there is another scene where Quorra rides up on the Ducati and tells everyone she has spoken to Flynn recently.

Cool to see Ram. Loved the popcorn reference.

I'm really hoping that Tron himself will appear in TRON 3 in a more substantial role than in Legacy. I can't wait to see where they take it next.

You'll have to forgive me as I watched it on my iPhone.

RAM was about to erase a case labeled as Flynns Arcade Games. I can only imagine that since they showed us, and then showed us him not actually erasing it, that it could be important.

I wonder if RAM had that as an old copy he made from back in 1981. He goes back to work at Encom, decided to load up the old programs and there is a copy of the Master Control, Sark, Clu, Tron, RAM- who knows what could be on that copied from the Grid. Lots of good story ideas there.

Looks exciting and original. Good thing that Disney is really cultivating the property. If they play thier cards right and don't mess it up like with what happened to the Matrix sequels, we could have a very fun and original franchise here.

Yeah I want a Flynn Lives shirt as well and the popcorn thing was a good nod to fans.

The Flynn Lives tshirt was given out at various events for the ARG that ran up to the movie. I got one off of eBay, there may still be some.

The popcorn thing was just a nod to the original movie where the programmer next to Alan Bradley in the cube farm asked if he could have Alan's popcorn. That was RAM in the movie, and is RAM in this bridge video.

Im now all excited for the Blu-Rays... maybe it was just me, but when RAM was talking to Bradley at the end of the trailer, RAM sounded alot like Bridges/Flynn?!?!

I don't think it was bad that Ram wasn't in Legacy. I think this is a great way to re-introduce these older characters by NOT cramming too much junk into one film.

I actually didn't see any place for Ram to be in Legacy and could have increased the movie runtime to a point of being too long.

It makes total sense that Sam would go alone to find his Dad as no one really knows where he is and Ram wasn't really in a position to go looking for Flynn because he wouldn't know where to look and never went to the grid as himself, only as a program.

Now that the main key to Encom's future has stepped forward to take over the company, Alan was in the best position to get Ram back and bring that character into the picture again. Having more of the older characters back again could bring an interesting dynamic to the story with there being such a gap in time between the first and second film. I really liked the pacing of Legacy in that they didn't throw too much in your face and that after Sam coming back from the grid you just knew from that point it was like he just awakened a sleeping giant. I think potentially there's a lot more things to come and reveal we don't know.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back