They are remaking "Total Recall"? Really?

The short story doesn't take place on Mars either, as I...er...recall. Quail (not Quaid in the story) WANTS to go to Mars, but can't afford it. He goes to Rekal to get his memory-vacation, they sell him on the "spy package" open his brain up and discover he's ALREADY a spy and his memory's been suppressed. He goes home, finds out it's true, the gov't tries to kill him, but eventually he agrees to have his memory suppressed back to "average Doug Quail" although they promise to let him have this hero-wish-fulfillment thing...only to open his brain again and see that he ALREADY has memories of the wish-fullfillment thing.

The short story, as I remember it, is a lot closer to a futuristic Twilight Zone episode than an action-thriller film.

That said, I do appreciate the way that the film played with "what's reality and what's a false memory?" The rest of it was fun popcorn action, back when fun popcorn action didn't necessarily mean MICHAELBAYSPLOSIONS!!!!!

So who's gonna be first off the mark?

Attachments

• tr1.jpg
    tr1.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 120
I hated Total Recall......HATED it!!! :angry the thing about PKD stories is he makes your head hurt and half the time you have no idea what's going on-a Schwarzenegger shoot'em up fest is not what you want for his stuff.

So if they can do that with this remake more power to them,the Spinner type cars are a nice nod,I guess,to Blade Runner.

If anything the only two films based on PKD I've seen that work are Bladerunner and Minority Report,I need to see two that have come out the last decade but for now only those two work.

...get your a** to Mars... ...get your a** to Mars... ...get your a** to Mars... ...get your a** to Mars... ...get your a** to Mars... ...get your a** to Mars...

... the Spinner type cars are a nice nod,I guess,to Blade Runner.

Those look pretty good. Makes me think they might make an excellent movie, especially if they are paying attention to Blade Runner. Makes me wish more for Duncan Jones to get his Blade Runner tribute "Mute" made.

"The door opened, you got in!" I was scrolling thru then i seen Juno with Alec Baldwin n Social Network dude and thought WTH but seen it said it was Woody's movie pics lol

I'm really loving the look of these droid cops. Would love to put a similiar outfit together.
total_recall_movie_set_images_comic_con_pics_remake_colin_farrell_3.png

Is this one, um...relieving himself on that gate?!:lol
totalrecallremakesetphototoronto2.jpg

If I recall correctly, originally, Patrick Swayze was suppose to be playing the role of Doug Quaid

I heard Richard Dreyfus at the time, which would have been interesting. I actually am looking forward to this. Early indications are that they are trading on the TR name for some marketing boost, but really it will be an entirely different creature, closer to Dick's work than anything else. No Mars, no Quaid, no catfights, no triple-boob.

..edited...
just checked out the set photos, which would suggest that if correct, the earlier reports about the approach (no Quaid, no Mars) may have been....a little off.

Looks promising. I like the set design and costumes - looks like they have a massive budget !!

:love

Gordon

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back