Terra Nova?

blip

Sr Member
4913-sl2.jpg

Last edited:
Re: So, what's up with Terra Nova?

Last I heard it was delayed for either tweaking of the FX and/or story tweaks. It's supposed to be on FOX's Fall schedule and will air on Mondays.

It was listed on fox's schedule they released on tuesday. Monday's at 8/7 central, as I recall.

I'm betting it will be cancelled due to how expensive the show is going to be to produce vs. the audience/advertising dollars ratio.

I'm betting it will be cancelled due to how expensive the show is going to be to produce vs. the audience/advertising dollars ratio.

And don't forget the fact that it's on FOX too, this means they automatically start out with the bar much higher than most other networks with the possible exception of SyFy.

American Idol had a 2 minute series teaser. Looked great, FRIKKIN DINOSAURS ON ANOTHER PLANET!!! The year is 21something, Earth is beyond severely overpopulated, you wear breathing gear most of the time. They have a portal to Terra Nova, it's a 1 way stargate, they are selecting volunteers. Looks like 1 man and his family rush the gate and go through.

Gotta admit, that extended teaser looked great. Looks like they have the main baddie from Avatar in it as well.

Yeah, good or bad I hope his character sticks around. Stephen Lang is way too good an actor to have a short lived role.

Looked great, FRIKKIN DINOSAURS ON ANOTHER PLANET!!! The year is 21something, Earth is beyond severely overpopulated, you wear breathing gear most of the time. They have a portal to Terra Nova, it's a 1 way stargate, they are selecting volunteers. Looks like 1 man and his family rush the gate and go through.

It's actually time travel - they're going 85 million years into the past to set up a colony.

Which brings up an interesting idea: what would our species be like if we could jump that far into the past. When the 21st century arrives, provided we survive that long, we could well have colonized most of this galaxy and possibly several others.

Yeah, good or bad I hope his character sticks around. Stephen Lang is way too good an actor to have a short lived role.

It's actually time travel - they're going 85 million years into the past to set up a colony.

Which brings up an interesting idea: what would our species be like if we could jump that far into the past. When the 21st century arrives, provided we survive that long, we could well have colonized most of this galaxy and possibly several others.

That does open up a whole new avenue of where the show could go because they would be totally changing history. At the same time you run into issues with story since in 65 million years ago that asteroid is going to hit. It could lead to explain the pyramids and the ancient astronaut theory though with it not being aliens but future humans.

I would tend to think that, provided they survived the dinosaurs, diseases, natural disasters, and each other, the colonists would find a little asteroid to be no threat, given that they had 20 million years' advanced notice... :)

I would tend to think that, provided they survived the dinosaurs, diseases, natural disasters, and each other, the colonists would find a little asteroid to be no threat, given that they had 20 million years' advanced notice... :)

True. If they took enough technology back they'd probably have colonized every planet by then.

Didn't this screen at Comic-Con? Anyone catch it? Had a chance to see this tonight - think Avatar meets Jurassic Park by way of Millennium (film). Was entertaining enough, some of the prop weapons were cool. With not a lot of new genre tv out there, nice to have something new.

terra-nova-tv-show-poster-01.jpg

I saw the pilot at Comic-Con. Thought it was very well done. Moved quickly, didn't overdo explanation, which left you wanting to know more. Good beginning for a series. Production values were very high.

I'm waiting on this to start. I tried to get it setup on dvr but my programming doesn't show it yet. I hope my memory doesn't fail me on Sept. 26th! :lol

Theres a series of books bt Julian May written in 1981-1984 that covers this almost in the same way. If we see aliens in the 3rd episode I won't be dissapointed. And Ms May takes care of the asteroid "problem". Nice series.

I'm excited about this, which is rare as no TV shows recently have peaked my interest.
Hoping FOX keeps it going, but I'm not being too optimistic.

My question is...if they go back 65 million years...won't they mess with the space time continuum...possibly changing history so they can't go back in time?

However 65 million years back in time....thought the dinosaurs were taken out 165 million years. Can't wait to get these questions answered.

According to wiki it's 85 million years they go back. so they got 20 million years to figure out how to avoid the big asteroid catastrophe thingy.

85 million years ago how would the human immune system adapt to the threats back then?

The concept kind of echoes Irwin Allen to me.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back