Terminator: Genisys

re: Terminator 5 (Reboot)

Come on , Stop pulling down TSCC. Who would not wanna have Summer Glau as your own sexy terminator...Who comes cuddling up to you in your bed :love

She is a very attractive woman and some of the early promo posters for that show were just awesome... but sadly, an attractive woman does not a great show make and her looks can only carry bad writing for a very short time. I have the same problem with Megan Fox in Transformers. Very pretty girl, but she could be removed from the movie and it would actually be an improvement. Hot chicks only work when they work IN the storyline, not in place of a storyline.

Yep. They wanted her to carry the show, and it worked with some fanboys. But crushes don't last long.

Yep. They wanted her to carry the show, and it worked with some fanboys. But crushes don't last long.
It would have worked better if she had been the relentless terminator in pursuit of the Connors... and not just another pet.

Keep the terminators the enemy to evade and fear... all this crap about terminator protectors is just cheapening the whole paranoia of man vs machine.

If they are that easy to capture and reprogram... why in the heck aren't we seeing more reprogrammed terminators out on the battlefield fighting against other terminators, Hunter Killers and Skynet? BOOOOOOORING!

T1 worked because Reese had basically no chance in hell to defeat the Terminator. That added drama and suspense, made it an heart throbbing action thriller where you never really knew whether they'd succeed. Having two robots clash it out... yawn... as bad as the Transformers movies.

I agree the SCC terminators were way to easy to kill. still sorry they caned it though, felt like the show was just about to find it's feet.... As to T5 this new guy has said that he's taking on as if 3 & 4 did'nt happen, so maybe just maybe, they'll get right.... Here's hoping... Hey, they did it with Batman so it is posible....

Huh? You mean Superman.

Batman started from scratch.

Actually... having a Terminator series that is basically like the Fugitive would have worked better... always evading the terminator that shows up just at the very end of the episode just mere minutes or hours after they've left. Endless pursuit throughout an entire season, only to have the terminator catch up with them at the end... and heck... shudders... possibly even kill off Sarah Connor. Add drama... add weight... add danger... add consequences... hell... it could even happen because John had rebelled against her and was then ultimately, partly responsible for the terminator finding her.

No. I ment from the first Michael Keaton, Jack Nicholson Batman and then how it went to crap from there, to the re-inveting that came from Batman returns.... Thats the sort revitalization the Terminator franchize needs...

Come on , Stop pulling down TSCC. Who would not wanna have Summer Glau as your own sexy terminator...Who comes cuddling up to you in your bed :love

I'm not letting anything that could crush steel touch my junk. :lol

I didn't think TSCC, T3, or T Salvation were bad. They were entertaining to watch, but they weren't up there with the first two movies. T2 is practically the perfect movie.

It would have worked better if she had been the relentless terminator in pursuit of the Connors... and not just another pet.

Keep the terminators the enemy to evade and fear... all this crap about terminator protectors is just cheapening the whole paranoia of man vs machine.

If they are that easy to capture and reprogram... why in the heck aren't we seeing more reprogrammed terminators out on the battlefield fighting against other terminators, Hunter Killers and Skynet? BOOOOOOORING!

T1 worked because Reese had basically no chance in hell to defeat the Terminator. That added drama and suspense, made it an heart throbbing action thriller where you never really knew whether they'd succeed. Having two robots clash it out... yawn... as bad as the Transformers movies.
Yeah, i agree with this.

Another thing re: Terminator Salvation....what happened to all the fabbo laser guns they were supposed to have in the future?????

Rich

Terminator 3 was a nightmare. It is probably one of my top ten worst filMS i have seen. Salvation had potential, but the story was horrible. The best part of the movie besides the ending credits was the arnold scene. Maybe, in the fifth film. Arnold will play a human which the Terminators were molded after.....

I dunno, i just cant see a decent film without hamilton and cameron....maybe furlong if he wasnt so weird looking

The last thing I saw Furlong in was "The Green Hornet" for ll of about 10-15 seconds and he was killed by the Hornet Mobile.I don't think he has star potential anymore,he's burned his bridges in the acting community I think?

Furlong was cast in T3 then showed up late and/or stoned, so they fired him. Bet that surprised him. 'You're terminated'.

They would have to keep it to one 40 watt light bulb.

Seriously haven't they done enough damage to this franchise already? It has gotten so far away from the simple yet compelling concept of the first movie and gone way off track.

im not so sure that it was simple. think about everything that makes the Terminator franchise up. then you think about the temporal errors that were made however small. one thing in time could have and almost definately would have screwed up skynet form ever coming into existance to begin with. they HAD to start over in rise of the machines if they wanted the franchise to keep going - they did WAY too much to end the series after Judgement Day - the tech left behind in the first movie ensured that, not to mention the original ending of Judgement Day showed Sarah playing with her grand kids in park, skynet never having existed in the first place. i like the franchise personally from top to bottom, but they had to complicate things to make up for the plot holes from the first movie.

first plot hole - the club scene. how does an advanced cyborg from 20-40 years in the future miss a shot like that not once but repeatedly - you'd figure that it would be doing thousands of calculations and projections a second and take connor out with the first shot.then theres the police station scene, the chase scene, the other chase scene, the exploding truck scene, too many points where the terminator could have and should have won.

Judgement day was made to make up for those mistakes, and Rise was made to make up for the mistakes made in the previous movie and so on.

I'm not buying that a machine not hitting dead center every time is a mistake. Even 20-40 years into the future... where things are in chaos... there is still error in everything. There is no such thing as a perfect being, be it organic or mechanic. It is the errors and flaws that makes this realistic and believable. Heck... in the first movie the terminator also didn't weigh a ton and was possible to be pushed around in a fight, like a normal person. The advantage it had was that it could just go on and on, while the human got hurt, tired and beat to death.

It certainly wasn't as indestructible as it became in later movies, where things started venturing into the unrealistic super realm.

+ the scene you are referring to is an alternate scene and was never in the movie, as far as I know. The ending of T2 leaves things wide open. There is an optimism there, sure, but... did they actually change and prevent anything? That's the big unknown.

T3 just assumed they changed things and went with it... and then started adding illogical reasoning of inevitability into the mix. It could easily have started showing that the attack on Skynet in the second movie had had absolutely NO effect on the completion of Skynet and the ultimate war. The filmmakers just decided that it had... but it was left wide open.

If Skynet didn't exist, Kyle couldn't have come back to make Sarah pregnant. So as long as John exists, Skynet still exists.

In the Tech Noir club Kyle shot the Terminator in its' forearm as it shot. That's why its' aim was off. You later saw it fixing the damage.

The thought of them ruining this franchise even more makes me want to cry.....

We can only hope they can turn it around... Don't have a lot of faith in that though:rolleyes Maybe they should get on the forums like this and actualy find out what the fans what :lol

If Skynet didn't exist, Kyle couldn't have come back to make Sarah pregnant. So as long as John exists, Skynet still exists.

In the Tech Noir club Kyle shot the Terminator in its' forearm as it shot. That's why its' aim was off. You later saw it fixing the damage.

Are you referring to the apartment sink/mirror scene, right?
One of my all time memorable scenes as a 7 yr old. I know...I was hooked pretty early. HBO was my babysitter. :love

Or have a contest where terminator fans write scripts for them to use. I bet diehard fans could come up with some really good scripts. They need to make a terminator movie that ignores everything after the original cause while T2 was a good action flick Cameron was already getting a bit odd and kinda ruined his own franchise. He has the Michael Bay syndrome where everything has to be big and flashy.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back