Survivor: Fans vs Favorites

Guri

Sr Member
I noticed that nobody started a thread for this earlier and the show didn't really call for it, until now.

How much of an amazing cool cat is Jeff Probst?

That situation tonight (won't spoil it in the first post here) was crazy disturbing and upsetting to the survivors - people get hurt and get sick, but that was a mental breakdown, or close to it and Jeff handled it with a degree of class only the highest level of arbitrators could achieve.

I have been a Survivor fan for a while, and have always enjoyed the job Jeff has done, but tonight he outdid himself.

As to the rest of it:

Just because you're crazy, doesn't mean you're wrong. I disagree with NOTHING Brandon said about Phillip, but Phillip is only annoyingly insane, Brandon's a full fledged nightmare. So glad he's gone, for everyone's sake, even his own.

When the tribe talked about Brandon being in his up mood or his down mood it was the first that I have seen that he has those kind of issues. But boy, did those personality traits come right to the forefront quickly.

With Phillip he always has the same personality and therefore is a craziness that you can live with temporarily.

Brandon's tantrum with his tribe's food, then his outbursts....yeah, he is scary crazy. He might be upset at only Phillip but he made sure the whole tribe suffered mightily, and he seemed quite proud of his tantrum and immature attitude. I wonder how he feels about this months later?

The most interesting 'challenge' ever. Probst handled that like a pro, and was literally holding Brandon just in case right at the end in the guise of support.

Hopefully Brandon gets his meds back.

That was CRAZY!!!!! damn, I just had no words sitting and watching with my wife.

I just can't believe they did take steps to prevent this after Brandon outright said the food was one of his targets. No way I would have left that alone like that. ESPECIALLY with continued Highs and Lows coming from Brandon.

I wish every episode of Survivor was this entertaining. It would go on forever.

I was in awe the whole time. What a mental unstable freak Brandon is!

I hope Russell is in the finale with him. I gotta see that conversation.

Havent watch this season at all after i saw who was in it. I can't stand half of the favorites. Bradon is a crazy God warrior tool who cant think for himself nor deal with his issue of staring at girls. Blame the chick cause he had dirty thoughts about her during his time on the show last time. I could get him off the show in like 2 episodes by just his rage and anger that he would hit me.

They need to really chnage up this show..make a season of everyone versus everyone. last to finish is out at events. How about you give them nothing but a few items from a ship wreak or a Plane crash that they have to pick n find laying around. just something new please

How about you give them nothing but a few items from a ship wreak or a Plane crash that they have to pick n find laying around. just something new please

They used to do that for a few seasons, they'd get only handful of basic supplies but not food or water, they were on their own for that. IIRC, when they were in Africa they weren't given the luxury of a well to get their water from, they were told where their tribes' respective watering holes were and basically got water from a stream, one tribe even had to do dig theirs out some in order to get a decent enough stream of water to fill their water jugs with. The best part of that was during the trek out their camp sites they had to carry all of their supplies to their camp sites, it wasn't just sitting there waiting for them, and one tribe had the genius idea of dumping their water jugs full of water because they were heavy! Somebody there obviously failed basic survival 101, water is very important for survival; if I were on that tribe I would have pissed everybody off by insisting on bringing the water and ditching something else and then rubbed their faces in it if they still left the water behind because it took them a while to find their water and get a fire going to boil it, by that time they had gotten mighty thirsty being out on the savannah and all.

I agree though, Survivor really needs to go back to not providing the players any food and no wells just water from a stream. It was much more interesting when the tribes had to scrounge for their own food and made food reward challenges a much bigger deal since they didn't even have rice to rely on every day. It also showed who was adept at actually surviving and made them work harder at scrounging food since it's no longer a matter of supplementing and/or adding variety to their diet, it was their only means of regular sustinence.

After last night's episode, I give a lot of credit to Jeff Probst for the way he handled the hothead. Plus, it looks like he can give a great shoulder massage!

Yeah Jeff was terrific at handling that..and having great mediation skills. I wonder if he has a speaker in his ear and writers helping him. Obviously he knew what had gone down at camp and asked the right questions.

He does have a mic/transmitter in his ear. He was receiving and also speaking (off camera) to producers as it was happening...paging the show's psychologist to the beach.

I actually don't watch the show. Just happened to read that fact in a Probst interview this morning.

Nice....cool to know. Still I was impressed with how he did. I assume they had some security waiting for Brandon. I didn't see him in the long shot when the Fans walked out.

Probst said the absolute first thing that happens to anyone leaving the game (by voting or otherwise) is they meet with a psychologist. He also said this guy passed the pre-game psych visit with flying colors.

Jeff, is definitely good, but I think you guys are giving him way too much credit in this incident. All of this was planned and worked out based on Brandon's actions from ealier in the day. Jeff isn't just winging it.

While Phillip is annoying, Brandon is just pathetic. He isn't scary. He isn't crazy. He is just sad and pitiful and not a fraction the man his uncle is. I am glad to see him gone and him not getting another minute of the lime light or the negative attention he so desperately craved.

Jeff, is definitely good, but I think you guys are giving him way too much credit in this incident....

...Brandon is just pathetic. He isn't scary. He isn't crazy. He is just sad and pitiful and not a fraction the man his uncle is.

And I think you give Russell too much credit, but we don't need to argue about that again. :lol

The thing I enjoyed about the episode was the fact that Phillip really wasn't all that obnoxious to Brandon. Yes, Phillip is insane, but he was pretty tame to Brandon despite a lot of circumstances.

That being said, I was laughing pretty much the entire episode.

And I think you give Russell too much credit, but we don't need to argue about that again. :lol

We don't need to argue it again... but you would be hard pressed to deny that whether he won or lost, he RAN his seasons like a master. Brandon? Nothing but a thin candy shell of a punk with a whiny brat core.

The thing I enjoyed about the episode was the fact that Phillip really wasn't all that obnoxious to Brandon. Yes, Phillip is insane, but he was pretty tame to Brandon despite a lot of circumstances.

Phillip showed more control and poise, especially at the challenge than I have ever seen him show. While I find him incredibly annoying... I had to give him some respect for that.

We don't need to argue it again... but you would be hard pressed to deny that whether he won or lost, he RAN his seasons like a master. Brandon? Nothing but a thin candy shell of a punk with a whiny brat core.

A master of the game, maybe, if he had won, but I would absolutely deny that the behavior he displayed in order to be in control would make Russel a 'man'.

Then again, you and I may differ on the definition of a masculinity...

but let's not argue. :cool

Oh, and I think the only reason Phillip was in any kind of control was he was scared. As soon as Brandon was under Jeff's control, he mouthed off about Brandon's kids - an absolutely ridiculously bad idea given everything he knows about Brandon. Like poking a hornet nest. Crazy stupid.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back