Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Noone is a big statement and while i can believe that alot dint like it, theres also alot that have. When i saw the end of mos (zod snap) i knew that this was gonna be a big deal on the internet but then again theres Always something. Superman doesnt have red underwear, batman's voice is horrible, jackman is too tall for wolverine and the list goes on endlessly...

My issue isn't so much that Supes killed Zod - my issue was that they didn't establish Superman and his strong moral sense before doing it. Man of Steel was just a poor film in my eyes for many reason - the lack of character development being chief among them.

I really wish they would've just skipped the origin story and give us a Superman that was already established - the story has been done to death and could've been expanded on in flashbacks; but, that would also mean to not use Zod just yet. Saving Zod for the second film would allow them develop the Superman character and establish his aversion to killing - making Zod's death that much more powerful and giving us a true character arc.

Yep, I wasn't too pleased to read his recent MOS statements either, though I understand why he chose to do that ending. I am hoping he uses that incident as a reminder and threshold for the character, so Superman doesn't go down that path again.

Which path is that? Cracking the neck of another Kryptonian, equal in strength and power, who was inches away from incinerating innocent people and was insistent on killing millions more? I think that path was pretty much the only one he had. I didn't see a list of options in front of him such as
- insert into phantom zone? Not an option
- lock up in a kryptonite-lined cell? Not an option
- trick into going to Fortress of Solitude where he can reverse the "zap your powers away" machine and make mortal? Not an option

I think that ending was more true to reality, just like the havoc and destruction they caused was more realistic than Superman 2. People with that amount of power would cause unimaginable damage in a battle. His only option, in my opinion, was what he did. Not to mention a lifetime of holding back and being tormented by people he could easily crush... when he finally had a chance to unleash on someone who could take it and deserved it, he took it.

If the concern is whether he'll continue to cash checks and snap necks of any more super aliens that come to Earth bent on its destruction and the genocide of all humanity I say snap away. What about this sense of morality is questionable? We, as a country, kill people who pose a threat fo Democracy (however remote the chances actually are of that happening). We as a society kill people as a sentencing of the justice system. We as a race kill other species that threaten our lives, ecosystem and even comfort... Superman lives in this country, was raised by this race, and was instilled with the same sense of morality as most anyone else.

And then you have poor Batman... because he doesn't have any superpowers, he's simply considered a masked vigilante and therefore a criminal taking justice into his own hands.

I'm also a sucker for the origin movies. I loved bother Spider-Man movies and their interpretations of the origin. I liked Batman Begins because of it's depth the details of his origina. And Green Lantern sucked.

The path is the choice the moviemakers made - there are plenty of scenarios that could have been written into the movie. They chose to have Superman defeat not just one Kryptonian warrior - but, several. Kal/Clark/Supes has no military training - yet, he was able to foil an army.

...and they didn't have time to adapt to their powers? Nonsense.

This was all a choice by the film's creative team. Superman defeating an army of Kryptonians and breaking Zod's neck were all the choices they made - they could have opted for a different outcome.

...eh, hated Batman Begins. I hate saying it over and over, but I just don't get the love for the Nolan films... just really dislike those films. Between those three and Inception, I just don't see how those films manage to make money, muchless as much as they did.

The path is the choice the moviemakers made - there are plenty of scenarios that could have been written into the movie. They chose to have Superman defeat not just one Kryptonian warrior - but, several. Kal/Clark/Supes has no military training - yet, he was able to foil an army.

...and they didn't have time to adapt to their powers? Nonsense.

This was all a choice by the film's creative team. Superman defeating an army of Kryptonians and breaking Zod's neck were all the choices they made - they could have opted for a different outcome.

...eh, hated Batman Begins. I hate saying it over and over, but I just don't get the love for the Nolan films... just really dislike those films. Between those three and Inception, I just don't see how those films manage to make money, muchless as much as they did.

Please, don't get me started again... I promised myself I wouldn't post back in this thread. I broke that promise so I'll try and keep this short...

Everything JD said^^

Im sure everyone else hates reading over and over again that you hate the nolan franchise..... we get it. Move on lol
:D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Im sure everyone else hates reading over and over again that you hate the nolan franchise..... we get it. Move on lol
:D

If it becomes relevant in the course of the conversation, I will bring it up and keep bringing it up.

Which path is that? Cracking the neck of another Kryptonian, equal in strength and power, who was inches away from incinerating innocent people and was insistent on killing millions more? I think that path was pretty much the only one he had.

Exactly! I don't think MOS is a perfect movie, but killing Zod is a-ok.

Now, killing Luthor would be different... unless he had a superpowered suit and was going to blow up the planet. But he's more in it for the "I want to run the planet, not blow it up."

For the life of me I can't understand the hate for the Nolan Batman movies (well, 2 out of three of them... I wasn't even a huge fan of the last movie).
Inception was good as long as you overlooked some of the plot holes and just enjoyed the ride. I watched it again the other day. Still can't figure out why everything went weightless from the van in the hotel world but not in the snow mountain world. Guess that's a conversation for another thread though.

Never irrelevant. Use the ignore feature if you must.

Its was only ment light hearted. If everyone ignored people in these situations then no one would talk to anyone! I never said it bothered me. I simply shared my view. So theres no reason for me to use the ignore feature which im sure I could manage. But thanks for trying to give me tips.....:D

J

I really wish they would've just skipped the origin story and give us a Superman that was already established - the story has been done to death and could've been expanded on in flashbacks; but, that would also mean to not use Zod just yet.

Thats what i hoped MOS 2 would have been but instead we get batman vs superman. While i like the fact that they are making this, i do wish they would have atleast made atleast 1 sequel to mos with just the mos lol.

Thats what i hoped MOS 2 would have been but instead we get batman vs superman. While i like the fact that they are making this, i do wish they would have atleast made atleast 1 sequel to mos with just the mos lol.
Batman v Superman is not MoS 2.

Batfleck will prob ask Manofsteele about killing Zod.

It's gonna take seriously awesome Aquaman and Wonder Woman movies for DC to catch Marvel.

Last edited:
DC should give up on the films and focus on tv. They're not going to catch Marvel, but they do have a proven track record of success on the small screen.

MoS or the dark knight trilogy wasnt a succes then? While the quality of the actual movies were for some different id say atm they have a good record of succes, they just need to pick up the pace with their other characters. Afterall the studios look at what it made at the box office , not what fans thought of it...

In 2009 Disney Acquired Marvel. 2011 Marvel writing department went under dramatic restructuring and Marvel's West Coast Marketing department were fired.

What ever Disney is doing they're doing it right. I'm a huge DC fan but recently the quality of Marvel comic story-telling has been on the rise and I've been buying more Marvel comics than I have DC.

DC-Comics and Entertainment need restructuring. A possible buy out if this doesn't work. The recent comments made about a Wonder Woman movie by DC Entertainment as well as the loss of two very talented writers from DC Comics Authors J.H. Williams and W. Haden Blackman is a sign of creative difficulties.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back