Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

I'm ****ing pissed that Han Solo has a "gigantic role" and there's no sight of Billy D., but those two gripes aside, I'm pretty stoked on this new cast! I love the fact that they decided to go with lots of smaller unknown actors.

He could just as easily be an elder politician. New chancellor, that sort of thing. I mean, when they announced Terrence Stamp in Ep. I, would you have figured "Nice guy politician with 30 seconds of screen time"? I wouldn't.

Anyway, interesting cast. Hope they don't kill off my childhood heroes in this one...

Kinda wonder if he's going to be playing an older grand Moff? one of the survivors of the Empire? he certainly has the credentials to be another Tarkin....

That is a great pic. Made my day.

I've loved Abrams since I read in the trades about this pilot for a show called "Felicity" everyone was praising... that the creator was going to be the next big thing. I went out of my way to watch it, and while normally I wouldn't be into that type of show, I thought it was BRILLIANTLY written.

Seeing him next to Han... pure awesome.

Disney: Yes?
J.J.: I'm putting the band back together. We're on a mission from God.

Wow, finally some freaking official news! :D :D can't believe they're all back!! Only one thing missing: John Williams!!!

Official source?

Umm, besides it being announced months ago, it mentioned in this very release. Did you bother to read it?

"Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015."

A really nice generational mix of people there, echoing the original cast ages almost perfectly with not a youngling in sight thank god. Bodes well for the more "grown up" version of Star Wars we've all been praying for. I'm glad the photo came out now, a few too many well known faces had been spotted around London for it to have gone on much longer. Probably the best cast you could ever hope for as a SW fan.
Andy Serkis could be playing one of the most interesting characters of all when you think about his recent roles, he's been absolutley key to the leads, and nobody does morally conflicted like Andy. And to get that many people in to a single key reading means they must going for a fairly broad script with multiple storylines and therefore its not going to be as narrow as in the original trilogy which is great as that will keep the pace of the story fairly zipping along.
Its just so great to see everyone together like that. Happy beyond reasonable expectations.

"I've got a GOOD feeling about this!!!!!!!"

I'm ****ing pissed that Han Solo has a "gigantic role" and there's no sight of Billy D., but those two gripes aside, I'm pretty stoked on this new cast! I love the fact that they decided to go with lots of smaller unknown actors.
Maybe he'll show in Ep. 8.

I think they are getting a LOT of traffic.... the website doesn't load properly

Umm, besides it being announced months ago, it mentioned in this very release. Did you bother to read it?

"Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015."

Mostly :p I did skip the last paragraph which of course was the important bit :lol

Go to the link for the picture,he's there officially.

Looked at everyone didn't see Mr. Williams though

Very stoked to see the old cast and those new faces back on screen, i thought they'd announce it on the 4th, can't wait to see it

The original cast...very good choice. Andy Serkis...great choice. I think he has done a fantastic job in just about everything he has done. I am starting to become a bit more interested.

Max Von Sydow?! Holy crap!
Not to infer anything but after sitting here looking at recent shots of Max Von Sydow photos for the last couple of minutes, the one thing that struck me was how similar he looks to Alec Guiness.

However they use him, it will be a treat to have him there.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back