data-ad-slot="7635280576">
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    Arizona
    Jan 23, 2012, 5:27 PM - Re: Spartacus Vengeance #26

The scene in the 'pleasure' house is the 'one significant one' that I'm referring too.

Not really any worse that the early scenes in Blood and Sand that took place in the luduce.
  2. data-ad-slot="8412590212">
    data-ad-slot="4138381554">
    From
    Australia
    Jan 23, 2012, 6:17 PM - Re: Spartacus Vengeance #27

BIKERFETT said: View Post
    One scene, I am unsure what version you were watching. There is one scene where a chick mounts a guy with a strapon for god sake.
    Jupiters Co#K!!! for Gods sakes
  4. We miss you Orange RPF Premium Member Lando's Avatar
    From
    Nevada
    Jan 23, 2012, 7:12 PM - Re: Spartacus Vengeance #28

I liked the new episode
    From
    Arizona
    Jan 23, 2012, 8:07 PM - Re: Spartacus Vengeance #29

3phase said: View Post
    Jupiters Co#K!!! for Gods sakes
    Every time I spoke with a buddy of mine who watched Blood and Sand recently, I say that!! LOL!!!
    From
    Hillsboro Oregon
    Jan 24, 2012, 4:15 AM - Re: Spartacus Vengeance #30

Spoiler:
    OK who here didn't wince and cross their legs when Spartacus slammed his Gladius up between that guys legs in the brothel?
    From
    Arizona
    Jan 24, 2012, 8:31 AM - Re: Spartacus Vengeance #31

^I want to reply to your post, but how did you do that with the button? That's COOL!!
    From
    LV-426
    Jan 24, 2012, 9:34 AM - Re: Spartacus Vengeance #32

I finally got around to watching the new episode last night, and I loved it. At first I wasn't sure about the new guy, but by the end of the episode I was ok with him. He's no Whitfield, but I think he'll do fine as the new Sparticus.
    Jan 24, 2012, 10:42 AM - Re: Spartacus Vengeance #33

0neiros said: View Post
    Spoiler:
    OK who here didn't wince and cross their legs when Spartacus slammed his Gladius up between that guys legs in the brothel?
    Is this like the strap on scene?
    From
    LV-426
    Jan 24, 2012, 10:46 AM - Re: Spartacus Vengeance #34

Kerr Avon said: View Post
    Is this like the strap on scene?
    hahahahah, his "gladius", that's what he calls it.
    From
    Hillsboro Oregon
    Jan 24, 2012, 11:56 AM - Re: Spartacus Vengeance #35

You know that strap-on would have been made of finely crafted ivory, or even marble. I wonder if I could start an interest thread in the Junkyard...heheheheh..I said Junk.

Imagine being that actress years later, "Grandma, what did you do when you were an actress?" "Oh I was d**do w**re on an episode of Spartacus. If you're good we'll make some cocoa and watch it tonight." "YAY!!!"
  12. Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Jan 24, 2012, 2:18 PM - Re: Spartacus Vengeance #36

Man I can't wait until Friday night to watch this. Blood and Sand was one of the best shows EVER!!!
    From
    LV-426
    Jan 24, 2012, 2:21 PM - Re: Spartacus Vengeance #37

Laspector said: View Post
    Man I can't wait until Friday night to watch this. Blood and Sand was one of the best shows EVER!!!
    You know you don't have to wait till Friday, right? It's available to watch right now on the Starz website.

Spartacus - A STARZ Original Series - Videos
  14. Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Jan 24, 2012, 3:04 PM - Re: Spartacus Vengeance #38

Ok it can't just be me who thinks it's hilarious that more than one person is Spartacus.

Last edited by Jannix Quinn; Jan 24, 2012 at 3:05 PM. Reason: yes, the actor dying sucks
    From
    LV-426
    Jan 24, 2012, 3:08 PM - Re: Spartacus Vengeance #39

Jannix Quinn said: View Post
    Ok it can't just be me who thinks it's hilarious that more than one person is Spartacus.

Huh? I don't follow, and I don't find it hilarious.

You realize the reason there's a new actor playing Spartacus is because Andy Whitfield (the original Spartacus) died of lymphoma, right?
  16. Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Jan 24, 2012, 3:16 PM - Re: Spartacus Vengeance #40

Read my edit (posted before you did) and it's funny because of the whole, "I'm Spartacus", "No, I'm Spartacus" thing from the movie.
    Jan 24, 2012, 4:15 PM - Re: Spartacus Vengeance #41

aeonpulse said: View Post
    Huh? I don't follow, and I don't find it hilarious.

You realize the reason there's a new actor playing Spartacus is because Andy Whitfield (the original Spartacus) died of lymphoma, right?
    It's a movie history joke. When the Romans captures Spartacus and his army, they demanded to know which one was Spartacus. Since they didn't exactly have pictures of him, they had to threaten to kill all of them until Spartacus fessed up. So Spartacus stands up and says 'I am Spartacus' but then others in his army stand up saying 'I am Spartacus' until they all pretty much do.
    From
    LV-426
    Jan 24, 2012, 4:18 PM - Re: Spartacus Vengeance #42

Kerr Avon said: View Post
    It's a movie history joke. When the Romans captures Spartacus and his army, they demanded to know which one was Spartacus. Since they didn't exactly have pictures of him, they had to threaten to kill all of them until Spartacus fessed up. So Spartacus stands up and says 'I am Spartacus' but then others in his army stand up saying 'I am Spartacus' until they all pretty much do.
    Ahhhhhhhhh, NOW I get it.
    Thank you, sir.
    Jan 24, 2012, 5:06 PM - Re: Spartacus Vengeance #43

Yea watched the show on the 21st, I still like the show but its extremely hard to watch it without Andy playing the role (RIP) He played that role amazingly well, and the new guy, at times has a slight resemblence, but his voice is A LOT different, and I know no ones voice is the same as someone elses, but Andy had a voice perfect for that role. The show will still be good with out, but man I miss Andy.
    ***SPOLIER ALERT****
    And wow Lucretia literally lost her mind, that was insane how gone her brain is, but i guess after going through a tragedy like she went through it would cause that. But clearly she is going to snap out of it, seemed like she started to once she saw Crixus.
    And really the same girl isn't playing Navea?
    Jan 24, 2012, 5:21 PM - Re: Spartacus Vengeance #44

I just want to say, as a Xena/Lucy Lawless fan most of my life, in this first episode of Vengeance , it is one of the best scenes I have ever scene Lucy act in! As Lucretia she makes you truly feel for her, though she is a villian! Lucy absolutly amazes me always!

and no you cant replace andy, but you also cant compare him to Liam, they are different, they brought different qualities to Spartacus. You have to forget Andy's Spartacus when watching the new one. honestly i wasnt fazed by andy being gone at all in this first ep! not to discredit andy, because he was BEYOND amazing, but i feel that the story of Lucretia, Glaber and Illythia are sooo strong this season that it wont matter about spartacus!
    Jan 24, 2012, 9:55 PM - Re: Spartacus Vengeance #45

yea Lucretia's part in this season to gain "power" should be quite amazing. and she has definitely played her roll very well. Her and Quintus played their roles amazingly in blood and sand and gods of the arena, and can only expect good things from Lucy this season. In all actuality, the entire cast plays their roles very well. Should be an epic season, just sad now that i've seen the first episode early that I have to wait until next weekend to see episode 2
  22. Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Jan 25, 2012, 4:35 PM - Re: Spartacus Vengeance #46

aeonpulse said: View Post
    You know you don't have to wait till Friday, right? It's available to watch right now on the Starz website.

Spartacus - A STARZ Original Series - Videos
    No, I refuse to watch this on a 22 inch computer monitor. Must watch it on the 46 inch tv with the surround sound, in the dark, with my beer and popcorn. Any thing else is a waste.
    From
    New Hampshire
    Jan 25, 2012, 7:58 PM - Re: Spartacus Vengeance #47

Laspector said: View Post
    No, I refuse to watch this on a 22 inch computer monitor. Must watch it on the 46 inch tv with the surround sound, in the dark, with my beer and popcorn. Any thing else is a waste.
    If you have Comcast (or Xfinity - whatever the heck it's called now) you can watch it OnDemand. I'm guessing it'd be the same for most other providers too.

Loved it!
    The show still surprises me with the creative ways they brutally kill or torture people.
    From
    Portland, Oregon
    Jan 25, 2012, 8:14 PM - Re: Spartacus Vengeance #48

Watched it On Demand as well - The season is off to a great start.
  25. Member Since
    Nov 2010
    Jan 25, 2012, 10:46 PM - Re: Spartacus Vengeance #49

Wow. I'm happy to see so many fans of the show. So far after I have yet to convert a single one of my friends into loyal followers. With BSG they all saw the light so quickly...
    From
    Arizona
    Jan 26, 2012, 6:39 AM - Re: Spartacus Vengeance #50

^ Every time I find out that someone that I know is watching/has watched it, I get all excited again!! A buddy of mine who dismissed my suggestion to watch it a year ago just started Blood and Sand - he finished the entire season in less than a week!!! LOL!!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast