Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. RPF Premium Member Beechy McFly's Avatar
    From
    Sydney, Australia
    May 14, 2013, 6:26 PM - Sleepy Hollow TV Series.. #1

Sleepy Hollow TV Series..

Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman's vision for the series sees the familiar Ichabod Crane living in a modern-day Sleepy Hollow, where he teams up with a female sheriff to not only solve the strange and supernatural happenings taking place in town, but also to unravel each mystery’s connection to the larger battle between good and evil..

Really don't high hopes for this, but will give it a watch.. Seems to want to be ripping of The X-Files and National Treasure while it's at it..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    From
    Aus
    May 14, 2013, 6:55 PM - Re: Sleepy Hollow TV Series.. #2

Looks really interesting.
    May 14, 2013, 7:21 PM - Re: Sleepy Hollow TV Series.. #3

Bad marketing (come on, how many times are you going to do the "heads will roll" bit on Sleepy Hollow, huh? Never seen that one before...), but the concept might turn out to be interesting.
    From
    Austin, TX
    May 14, 2013, 7:33 PM - Re: Sleepy Hollow TV Series.. #4

Headless horseman with access to a assault rifle....*cough* your f**ked *cough*

idk where there going to go with this but "Time Traveling Ichabod Crane" has my attention I hope this dosnt bunk out. But I do hope Orlando Jones gets another creepy crawly in his suit! XD
  5. *maniacal grin* RPF Premium Member The Mad Professor's Avatar
    From
    Cypress, TX
    May 14, 2013, 7:48 PM - Re: Sleepy Hollow TV Series.. #5

It's The Headless Horseman legend mixed with good and evil mythos, brought to the 21st century, and blended with National Treasure.

Could be interesting and fun if done right. If not, it'll defy the laws of physics by sucking and blowing at the same time.
  6. RPF Premium Member
    From
    Bob Burns Basement
    May 14, 2013, 11:46 PM - Re: Sleepy Hollow TV Series.. #6

Oh boy!

I Don't have high hopes for this one
  7. RPF Premium Member Beechy McFly's Avatar
    From
    Sydney, Australia
    May 15, 2013, 12:13 AM - Re: Sleepy Hollow TV Series.. #7

It can definitely go either way.. I'll watch a few episodes to see how it goes, but mainly watching cause I'm a John Cho fan..
    From
    Denver, CO
    May 15, 2013, 11:06 AM - Re: Sleepy Hollow TV Series.. #8

Sounds terrible
  9. RPF Premium Member
    From
    Bob Burns Basement
    May 15, 2013, 11:24 AM - Re: Sleepy Hollow TV Series.. #9

Oh yeah!

I will be watching, who knows it could be the next big thing if they have some great writers

Beechy McFly said: View Post
    It can definitely go either way.. I'll watch a few episodes to see how it goes, but mainly watching cause I'm a John Cho fan..
    From
    NE Florida
    Jun 28, 2013, 5:11 PM - Re: Sleepy Hollow TV Series.. #10

It's not Burton, but the Hessian looks pretty cool. I'll give it a watch.

Rob
  11. Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Aug 8, 2013, 6:25 PM - Re: Sleepy Hollow TV Series.. #11

I hope this is good. I thought I saw Clancy Brown in one of the recent previews.
    From
    Walnut, CA
    Aug 22, 2013, 3:01 PM - Re: Sleepy Hollow TV Series.. #12

Looks interesting but at the same I don't think that it will have any staying power, I predict that it will last no more than 2 seasons before FOX ends up pulling the plug on it.
  13. RPF Premium Member Nerfenstein's Avatar
    From
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Sep 17, 2013, 4:27 AM - Re: Sleepy Hollow TV Series.. #13

I liked it and wondered how long it would take before someone makes something from it. Some really cool props so far... the main broad axe, the skull in a jar and the 'bible'.
  14. RPF Premium Member JMChabot's Avatar
    From
    Gatineau QC
    Sep 17, 2013, 6:51 AM - Re: Sleepy Hollow TV Series.. #14

Caught the first episode last night. I have to admit I wasn't going in with very high expectations. I was pleasantly surprised, however! I thought it was pretty good and pretty original as scripted television goes.

Of course, almost all the shows I enjoyed over the past few seasons have wound up cancelled: Terra Nova, Alcatraz, FlashForward, New Amsterdam, Awake...

15. Member Since
    Feb 2012
    From
    Willow Spring, NC
    Sep 17, 2013, 8:19 AM - Re: Sleepy Hollow TV Series.. #15

I was planning on watching this but I will admit, I got turned off only because while watching the NFL this Sunday, every commercial break showed the preview. I just got tired of it. I recorded it at least so I will watch it eventually.
    From
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Sep 17, 2013, 11:55 AM - Re: Sleepy Hollow TV Series.. #16

Watched the premiere last night and loved it. Although I'm doing my best not to get too attached to it, Fox has a habit of cancelling good, original TV shows. 'Awake' is a good example, it was a good show, good acting, and original and interesting idea, and they axed it.

That being said, I really did like it, in the world of horrible reality tv, it's nice to see something new and refreshing for a change. But again, it's Fox, so I wont get my hopes up lol
    From
    NE Florida
    Sep 17, 2013, 12:04 PM - Re: Sleepy Hollow TV Series.. #17

Same here...I was pleasantly surprised, and it wasn't as hokey as I thought it would be. It moved along pretty quick, so I hope they take time later to explain some of the "hows" and "whys" of the early (flashback) scenes. One thing I found interesting, was that apparently no one in Sleepy Hollow has ever heard of Washington Irving, or make any reference (or connection to) to the original 'Legend'.

The Hessian (or, "horseman", as they called him) was pretty badass...much beefier than Ray Park's 1999 version. I can see a possible mask/costume in future....

Rob
    From
    313 D-Town ( Detroit )
    Sep 17, 2013, 12:06 PM - Re: Sleepy Hollow TV Series.. #18

I got it on the DVR right now. But I heard it blows biggie balls and is kinda crazy stupid. I'll watch it tonight and see for myself. Also heard that they are looking at more than one horse man for the whole series..Like 4 if you know what I'm saying.
    From
    NE Florida
    Sep 17, 2013, 1:12 PM - Re: Sleepy Hollow TV Series.. #19

Yeah...the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
    Rob
    Sep 17, 2013, 1:41 PM - Re: Sleepy Hollow TV Series.. #20

I didn't go in with high hopes either but thought it was pretty dang good myself. Set up the season pass as it ended.
  21. Formerly cobalt crimson Wes R's Avatar
    From
    Western PA
    Sep 17, 2013, 9:13 PM - Re: Sleepy Hollow TV Series.. #21

My mom was so impressed that she actually asked if I watched it lol. I think it's still on the dvr so i'll check it out.
    From
    Coeur d'Alene Idaho
    Sep 18, 2013, 3:27 AM - Re: Sleepy Hollow TV Series.. #22

as far as an original take on an old story they did damn good. but really.... some parts were entertaining, Crane messing with any and every piece of modern tech to come his way (auto car windows and a flash light). i started to get disinterested when it became clear that apparently the entire east coast is loaded with either good or bad witches; that and the hessian carrying a shotgun, why bother if you have a friggen axe from hell to carry around.
    sadly my wife loved it, i will watch the next one to see if they blew all there goodish ideas in the first episode or not.

edited in-- they could have so easily won me over if only they choose to play Johnny Cash's "the man comes around" during the end credits other than some more rolling stones, but that's just me
    From
    Brittany, France
    Sep 18, 2013, 4:37 AM - Re: Sleepy Hollow TV Series.. #23

If anyone has the skill to make this new TV Show Sleepy Hollow Sheriff patch and badge, I am IN !! Cheers.
    Sleepy Hollow (1).jpgSleepy Hollow (16).JPG
    Sep 18, 2013, 1:36 PM - Re: Sleepy Hollow TV Series.. #24

The whole everyone's a witch/warlock of good or evil made me immediately think of Grimm, where everyone's some sort of creature or another.

Doesn't mean the concept can't work well, though.
    From
    Tortuga
    Sep 19, 2013, 12:11 AM - Re: Sleepy Hollow TV Series.. #25

I hated it! They had me until the 18th Century Headless Horseman had the skill and know how to use a 12-gage shotgun that has explosive shot AND how to use an automatic assault weapon. Not to mention how he knew how to chamber a round on the 12-gage without eyes! I give it 2-3 episodes and cancelled!