rodneyfaile

Sr Member
Colin Farrell
Woody Harrelson
Sam Rockwell
Christopher Walken
Tom Waits
Gabourey Sidibe

Colin Farrell plays a struggling writer who dreams of finishing his screenplay, "Seven Psychopaths." Sam Rockwell is his best friend, an unemployed actor and part time dog thief. Christopher Walken plays his partner in crime, a religious man with a violent past.
Woody Harrelson is the psychopathic gangster whose beloved dog they have just stolen. He is unpredictable and extremely violent and wouldn’t think twice about killing anyone or anything associated with the theft.

Can't wait to see a trailer. Hope Tom Waits has a good part. He was outstanding in The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.

I have a bad feeling that Will Ferrell will be the weak link of this flick.

Other than that, this is definitely on my 'see' list.

So did anyone go see it? I went last night and it's hilarious. I think all the performances were great, but Sam Rockwell was my favorite. There were a few times that he'd start goin off that I hoped he'd stop, i was laughing so hard. Tom Waits' character was perfect for him. I wish they'd let him put an audio track of his backstory on an album, because it sounds very much like one of his spoken word pieces. It makes me wonder if he was given any input into writing it. There was one part toward the end that started to wander just a bit, but it might have been intentional. Also, if anyone is looking for some cheap, easy props to make, there a several in this movie you should look out for, mainly in Billy's(Rockwell) home.

So did anyone go see it? I went last night and it's hilarious. I think all the performances were great, but Sam Rockwell was my favorite. There were a few times that he'd start goin off that I hoped he'd stop, i was laughing so hard. Tom Waits' character was perfect for him. I wish they'd let him put an audio track of his backstory on an album, because it sounds very much like one of his spoken word pieces. It makes me wonder if he was given any input into writing it. There was one part toward the end that started to wander just a bit, but it might have been intentional. Also, if anyone is looking for some cheap, easy props to make, there a several in this movie you should look out for, mainly in Billy's(Rockwell) home.
Awesome, thanks for the non-spoilery review. For some reason, my interest in this one waned... but, you've given me some hope.

But, now I have to decide to see this or Argo this week and the other next. Hmmm...

I saw this a couple weeks ago at an advanced screening. This movie pretty damn funny. Sam Rockwell and Christopher Walken made the film (obviously).

The only gripe I had was the trailer gave away a lot of the laughs.

Sam Rockwell had one moment where he just kept going and I was to the point I was crying from laughing so hard.

I saw this a couple weeks ago at an advanced screening. This movie pretty damn funny. Sam Rockwell and Christopher Walken made the film (obviously).

The only gripe I had was the trailer gave away a lot of the laughs.

Sam Rockwell had one moment where he just kept going and I was to the point I was crying from laughing so hard.

Yeah, the part with his diary really got me, and so did his screenplay. At that point, I was glad when he finally took a break, because I was out of breath.

Rockwell was great. But, let's give Farrell some kudos as well - without a strong Marty the film could've fallen a part or been a one trick pony. But, Rockwell and Farrell's performances really complimented each other.

Was I the only one left thinking that Marty became the seventh psychopath? Billy was the first (Jack of diamonds) and 7th... leaving room for there to be a true 7th which Marty seemed to become.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back