scifi channel's robot combat league

I'm too lazy to check right now but I'm sure this was already brought up?

Either way, I'm still gonna give the first ep a shot.

It was fun to watch, but no way this can withstand a 60 minute an episode. I understand the pilot with introducing the teams, assigning robots, training, etc but even then I found myself fast forwarding to get to the fight, which was the last 10 minutes.

I really don't care (much) about the teams. Hopefully they'll have more than just one fight an episode.

Going with how many robots and how many fights they have, in order for this series to last they can only have one fight a week.
12 robots + 6 fights. then the 6 winners fight in the next round that is 3 fights, so far that works out at 9 episodes.
So it looks like in order for the series to be 12-13 episodes it would have to be only 1 fight per week. Which realy sucks. Because the only good bit about the show was the fighting. The smack talk is stupid, I just hope the don't do muscial fighting montages.

But I did enjoy the figthing. This would be a great pull at a con or fair. $50 for 3 rounds of fighting with one of these would be awesome!!!..

I'd rather see the robots beat the hell out of each other but sadly it's going to turn into a reality show no doubt.

The biggest surprise for me was finding out George Lucas' daughter, Amanda, is in this show. And that she's an MMA fighter.

Finally got around to watching this last night. As most of you--I fast forwarded to mostly just the fighting. If they can get some decently fighting robots I could go for this, but sadly I just don't think the technology is up to doing this great at this point in time. But who knows?

I think all those sparks are staged, though. The hydraulic stuff, yeah okay, but what is in these robots that produces that kind of ignition?

Finally got around to watching this last night. As most of you--I fast forwarded to mostly just the fighting. If they can get some decently fighting robots I could go for this, but sadly I just don't think the technology is up to doing this great at this point in time. But who knows?

I think all those sparks are staged, though. The hydraulic stuff, yeah okay, but what is in these robots that produces that kind of ignition?

It definitely seemed like it was just triggered sparks for heavy hits. It was too consistent and regular. They could have also made the robots better protected, so I think all of the damage and repair is mostly for show too. It would probably be boring if the robots held up the whole match with no visible damage though.

The fighting was a bit stiff, and the camera angles took away from the action (or maybe they were trying to hide the clunkiness), and they focused too much on the humans.

I enjoyed it, but like others I skipped to the fighting. I was hoping for more actual fighting, and now that they've gotten stuff out of the way in the first episode, I don't want to see that filler every week.

I'll probably keep watching it though. I'm a sucker for giant robots fighting.

All those sparks HAD to be staged. There's no way they were real. I was a bit amused that one robot's leg didnt' even make it out of the starting gate and blew a hydraulic hose.

Eh, I might have it on in the background just for some rockin'sockem'robots.

So, I've watched the first 2 episodes, I'm glad they bumped it to 2 fight per episode, but it seems incredibly staged. The sparks shooting out on what look like love taps is pretty lame, but the hydraulics breaking every round really seems staged. Especially since it seems to be the same parts failing every time (the tricep piston and tubing) and when it does, it is always a fountain of green fluid.

Battle Bots was cool. I used to feel sorry for those little dudes gettin torn apart.

When I was living in Vegas, I went to a metal shop to get something made. Found out the guy was making a killing at the time, custom making parts for those robots on the show.

I think I'm done after the second episode. Even with two fights this episode, it was too much reality TV type stuff, and the fighting unfortunately isn't good enough to make up for it. I don't care about seeing some random team's scripted opinion on another random team. I want to see fighting!

And the fighting was extra disappointing this week. The robots are all show. The second fight was literally only 2 minutes of actual fight, because the robot kept breaking. Just how do sparks continue to come off a robot from a weak tap to the front armour anyway?!

It's like they realized that the robots were too slow and clunky to make for a legitimately cool fight on their own, so they just designed them to explode and leak at every opportunity. They basically just made robotic senior citizens. :p

Boring show with terrible bot fights. I figured it was gonna have the nerdy tech guys build the bots to fight. They just move the joy stick to move is all. Seems like a waste of their skills. I dont think this will make a 2nd season and be lucky to make a full schedule run before they cut the cord.

Battle Bots was a great show and fights. It took alot a skill to built some of those bots. Mouzier was a beast, The hot pink spinner bot with eye.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back