Sabotage (Post-release)

Looks better than the Robocop remake, probably because it it rated R. Not sure if it has much else going for it, but I'll probably check it out.

Last edited:
Just saw this tonight, It's better than The Last Stand in my opinion. It's by no means a "classic Arnie" but I did enjoy it and it's always good to see Arnie kick some ass, and he does so in this pretty convincingly!

Solid 7.5/10

Just caught it. It was not the story I was expecting from the trailers. Part of that is because they change the dialogue of a few scenes for the trailers, to something that wouldn't even work in the film itself. This is not a story about a good cop restoring his good name and saving his family from the cartel. That's not a spoiler either.

The portrayal of violence is brutal, and they don't cut away before a head shot. In fact they linger for a few seconds longer than most would. I appreciate that kind of storytelling, and it's never bothered me to watch cinematic violence. Frankly it's nice to see a grown up film that doesn't shy away from portraying a group of thug cops as a group of thug cops. These are not razor sharp professional family men and women. It's a group of hard drinking, hard charging jerks who don't even seem to like each other very much. It's not a feel good movie on any level.

It was nice to see Atlanta showcased and photographed so well. I was lucky enough to shoot a short film in downtown ATL a few years back when I lived there, and the city always looks great. Every direction just looks fantastic on camera. I miss that town in that way. Don't miss the traffic though. ;)

Heard nothing but terrible things about this one but I got it on iTunes and was pleasantly surprised.
It's not your run of the mill cliche action movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't a massive fan of last stand, enjoyed escape plan a lot more, will look out for this on bluray.

Either it hasnt come out in the UK yet, or it didnt stay long at the cinema.

Saw it tonight on bluray, damn its bleak, well I thought it was bleak until I saw the deleted scenes and alternative endings, then its super bleak, it makes seven look like a carry on film.

Going to spoil the ending here since its been out a year, and other than me only 5 other people even cared to post in this thread, but Arnie turning out to be the bad guy was fairly obvious from the moment they found Sawyer nailed to the ceiling, and as for that, I only knew it was him from the fact he wasn't in any more scenes, because the bodies in this film are butchered more than the ones in predator, and I am no prude when it comes to violence, but if you can't even tell who is being killed it takes away some of the impact.

It was fairly obvious the woman was also a bad un, since she was crazy and coked up from the very first scene, the only real surprise was the first Rodney helping her, and that was only because his character was so bland up to that point, if he wasn't the token black guy on the team you wouldn't even remember he was there.

Michael from lost stole his thunder in every scene he was in.

I hear the original version was three hours long, but considering the deleted scenes only lasted about twenty minutes, I find that hard to believe.

And since the deleted scenes involve a incestuous rapist redneck who raped and murdered his own daughter, 1st Rodney groping his hostage, and Arnie killing all the cops, including Michael and the boss from Dollhouse you are better off not watching them.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back