Robocop Reboot (Pre-release)

I haven't said much about this subject, but I can only draw this to express how I feel visually...

robocop%2Bversu%2Brobocop%2Bmauro%2Bbalcazar.jpg

I also wrote a blog about it. cheers -M
Deco Bot: There is only one Robocop...MURPHY!!!!

that vid seemed to show the ED-209 radically scaled back to normal size, compared to the original viral that showed him about 40ft tall and blowing away tanks w/ one shot. could be a big city battle w/ multiple EDs, which could be a show-stopper.

Re: the new robocop ?

I grew up on the originals and quite like the silver/black verses an all black suit. This kind of reminds me an Iron Man, Batman cross over.

Tell me about it. Even when I'm on set I'm facepalming about what they're doing with the film. Such as drastic over change from the original.

You never know, this might turn out to be pretty awesome after they do their CGI stuff. Who knows. I will wait until I see the trailer to see what I think of the look of the finalized costume.

I'm sure they'll be a reason why they keep the hand but it just looks stupid like he's forgot to put the glove on. Surely you could just shoot him in the hand and get him to drop the gun? That's one thing that always bothered me with the original why no one ever targeted his face.

Maybe after all the backlash about his hand, they'll just throw a glove on it in post. I just can't think of any logical reason as to why they'd leave his hand like it is. I really hope they don't do something stupid like have robocop have a part where robocop looks down at his human hand and contemplates his humanity or something dumb like that.

I'm sure they'll be a reason why they keep the hand but it just looks stupid like he's forgot to put the glove on. Surely you could just shoot him in the hand and get him to drop the gun? That's one thing that always bothered me with the original why no one ever targeted his face.
I thought we'd already established that that wasn't flesh? It's just mechanics underneath a rubber lifemask.

While it wouldn't cause any real harm, it would damage a lot of delicate parts, though, so it would be pretty expensive to fix whenever he got shot in the head.

I thought we'd already established that that wasn't flesh? It's just mechanics underneath a rubber lifemask.

While it wouldn't cause any real harm, it would damage a lot of delicate parts, though, so it would be pretty expensive to fix whenever he got shot in the head.

Actually I think we established that it was his face because he had a bullet hole I his forehead. It wouldn't be there if it wasn't his original face

I always thought it was really his face due to that bullet hole too, i figured it was just cold to the touch in R2 because it was getting very little life support.

Warmth is a result of the musculature underneath the skin generating heat; with the skin stretched out over a metal armature, it would have very little warmth to it.

As for targeting his face: it's actually quite hard to target a small area like that on a moving target. And with the helmet on, the amount of "skin" shown would be a small area compared to the rest of his body. And as shown in the first movie (during gas station confrontation with Emil, as well as the "Rock Shop" shootout), Murphy can cover that part of his face with his arm if need be.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back