Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    Essex UK
    Mar 11, 2011, 8:14 AM - re: Robocop Reboot (Pre-release) #51

Last edited by defstartrooper; Aug 9, 2012 at 12:28 AM.
  2. RPF Social Media Team Supa troop's Avatar
    Mar 11, 2011, 12:28 PM - re: Robocop Reboot (Pre-release) #52

im not familiar with his work but Josh Zetumer is being brought in to script MGM's reboot of ROBOCOP,

is this good or bad ????
    From
    India
    Mar 27, 2012, 1:37 PM - re: Robocop Reboot (Pre-release) #53

Joel Kinnaman ROBOCOP Reboot Interview

"Do you know if you are going to go for an R rating or a PG-13?

Kinnaman: I sincerely hope they’re going for R ‘cause I can’t imagine how RoboCop could be PG-13. That would be a huge mistake. If I have any say in it, I will fight very hard for it. It has to be violent."
    From
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Mar 27, 2012, 1:43 PM - re: Robocop Reboot (Pre-release) #54

That's nice to hear but ultimately doesn't mean **** all if the studio execs want this movie to appeal to little billy and Sally. Let's be honest, a robot cop? I'm sure they're already planning when the toys will be on TRU's shelves.
    From
    New Hampshire, USA
    Mar 27, 2012, 2:41 PM - re: Robocop Reboot (Pre-release) #55

Hey, I've had a year to take a deep breath: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Mar 28, 2012, 3:36 AM - re: Robocop Reboot (Pre-release) #56

I hope they do it and do it well-Robocop was the biggest disappointment of the 80's film series in that one was great and then the ass end fell off and it went in toilet for the next few films.....only Ghostbusters did as bad with a really bad second film.

You could improve Robocop's movements and still be like the original,still have that limited swing but faster.

I just hope they go for three films and instead of the bomb fest the last one was have two dealing with Murphy adjusting to being a cyborg,and maybe have some infighting about whether he's still human or property.

Dunno what they'd set up for opponents/bad guys,you can only go so far with street gangs....
    From
    Sweden
    Mar 28, 2012, 4:16 AM - re: Robocop Reboot (Pre-release) #57

I read that they are going to have his eyes visible thru the visor. That seems like a bad idea.
    From
    Austria
    Mar 28, 2012, 6:11 AM - re: Robocop Reboot (Pre-release) #58

yeah they are also going to make him more human, with emotions etc ...
    it probably will come down to a tony stark like thing, if they continue this, because"this has worked out in other movies, lets do this!"
    From
    New Hampshire, USA
    Mar 28, 2012, 6:50 AM - re: Robocop Reboot (Pre-release) #59

Oh god, more human? I bet he's going to have an attitude and be all "Raphael/loose-cannon."
  10. Chara limit is way too sm RPF Premium Member Nwerke's Avatar
    From
    'Straya, maaaate!
    Mar 28, 2012, 10:11 AM - re: Robocop Reboot (Pre-release) #60

cayman shen said: View Post
    Hey, I've had a year to take a deep breath: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Edit: POST THREE THOUSAND!!!!!! Woohoo...
    Last edited by Nwerke; Mar 28, 2012 at 10:45 AM.
    From
    OZ
    Mar 28, 2012, 2:46 PM - re: Robocop Reboot (Pre-release) #61

"They made this to honour him"

Thats the attitude then need to go into this project with...
    Wont happen... Just saying!

- Skyler101
    From
    Austria
    Mar 28, 2012, 2:51 PM - re: Robocop Reboot (Pre-release) #62

Skyler101 said: View Post
    "They made this to honour him"

Thats the attitude then need to go into this project with...
    Wont happen... Just saying!

- Skyler101
    and by him they mean the allmighty god of money
    From
    LV-426
    Mar 28, 2012, 5:28 PM - re: Robocop Reboot (Pre-release) #63

Ehh, I do love Robocop, but a robot cop is only so appealing.

But a KARATE cop? Now we're talking. Not only does he know karate, he's the only cop still alive in an entire city full of evil dickheads. This movie deserves a remake.

Karate Cop(1991) - YouTube
    Mar 28, 2012, 6:15 PM - re: Robocop Reboot (Pre-release) #64

I remember reading about how when the Strauss brothers got the R rating for AVP-R it was going to be amazing and back to what Predator should be, that didn't exactly work out now did it? Violent doesn't guarantee god, get a good writter please, thats half the battle
  15. Formerly cobalt crimson Wes R's Avatar
    From
    Western PA
    Mar 29, 2012, 3:03 PM - re: Robocop Reboot (Pre-release) #65

They should bring in Frank Miller to write it as series reboot in the form of a sequel where the original Robo's out of commission or something and they need to make a new one. It isn't really a reboot and it isn't really a sequel but something in between. No clue how they'd do it without sucking but can't be any worse than what they have planned now.
    From
    Orange County
    Mar 29, 2012, 3:12 PM - re: Robocop Reboot (Pre-release) #66

I'm not even going to bother...posting about reboots is getting redundant...
    From
    Cannukada
    Mar 29, 2012, 8:32 PM - re: Robocop Reboot (Pre-release) #67

Read the thing about the eyes and right then realized how badly they're going to miss on this thing. The...whole.....POINT of Robocop (besides the social critisim and satire of a media-frantic, corporate world) is Murphy's arc from likeable family man and good cop, to machine, and then finding his humanity again. Making the 'robo' part more human and relatable says they have no idea what this story is about. I also particularly liked the comment about how the original was cool, but THIS one is going to be a real actors' piece. Go **** yourself, Peter Weller, apparently.
    From
    Cannukada
    Mar 29, 2012, 8:48 PM - re: Robocop Reboot (Pre-release) #68

Wes R said: View Post
    They should bring in Frank Miller to write.

...cough...The Spirit...cough....Dark Knight Strikes Again....coughcough....Holy Terror....All Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder...coughitycoughcough. Frank Miller is an insane, bigotted, egotistical hack with one piece of greatness under his belt.
    From
    Orange County
    Mar 30, 2012, 2:24 AM - re: Robocop Reboot (Pre-release) #69

Timmythekid said: View Post
    ...cough...The Spirit...cough....Dark Knight Strikes Again....coughcough....Holy Terror....All Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder...coughitycoughcough. Frank Miller is an insane, bigotted, egotistical hack with one piece of greatness under his belt.
    Thanks for saying what I was just thinking. Now I don't have to.
    From
    Los Angeles
    Mar 30, 2012, 11:32 AM - re: Robocop Reboot (Pre-release) #70

Zetumer is a talented writer and Jose Padhila is a tremendously talented director. We'll all be fine.
    Mar 30, 2012, 12:15 PM - re: Robocop Reboot (Pre-release) #71

Reboots will flood the market and out of the ashes something new and fresh will arise.
    From
    That really squat, funny looking Viper
    May 14, 2012, 12:28 AM - re: Robocop Reboot (Pre-release) #72

Folks here have already covered many good points on why RoboCop should not be remade; I'd like to add one of my own-

I personally do not think there is an actor currently active in the business today who could pull off the deeply-detailed performance that Peter Weller gave as Murphy in the first movie. Not only would they have to act the part of a human being who is tormented and brain-wiped at the same time, but would also have to convincingly portray the movements and mannerisms of machine-driven parts and the precise, rigid, mechanical movements characteristic of them. This is physical and demanding; it took Peter Weller some time to get the movements down if memory serves.

Additionally, the original chemistry between several of the characters (both friendships and rivalries) would be almost impossible to replicate, such as the relationship between Murphy and Lewis while Murphy is rediscovering his humanity (I thought the scenes with him and Lewis as he had his helmet off in the factory were poignant and touching), the seething, subdued hatred between Robert Morton and Dick Jones, and the antagonistic clash between Clarence Boddicker and Murphy, both pre and post RoboCop transformation.

Any new film is most likely not going to have any of this, or skew them so badly that it will destroy the point of the story. In the original film, we feel for poor Murphy because of what he lost, and through no fault of his own. Yet, he is a hero: despite all of that, he continues to do his duty even when the police force is after him and he is badly damaged by them. He continues on even when his partner, Lewis, is injured and he himself is critically damaged by Boddicker with a well-placed shot from a makeshift spear. And despite an ED-209 guarding the door and Dick Jones taking the Old Man as hostage, Murphy still presses on to do his job to the end.

In the end, we cheer Murphy for being human, yet being made of a far stronger "mettle" than the alloy his body is now made of. My concern is the "reboot" will not have any of this and simply focus on making RoboCop a springy, fleet-footed, cyber-ninja with a badge. But, i guess we'll have to see...
    From
    Pacific NW
    May 14, 2012, 1:56 AM - re: Robocop Reboot (Pre-release) #73

will James Woods be in this one?
  24. Laundry Sheriff RPF Premium Member TheNickFox's Avatar
    May 14, 2012, 3:41 AM - re: Robocop Reboot (Pre-release) #74

WarPig said: View Post
    You're close, but I think the blockbuster would be:

RoboCop vs. Iron Man vs. Terminator vs. Predator vs. Alien vs. Batman vs. Superman vs. Super Shark vs. Sharktopus vs. Oversexed Rugsuckers from Mars.
    Still not there, I think this guy already made the blockbuster that needed to be made:

Lemon Demon - The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny - YouTube

-Nick
    From
    Sacramento
    May 14, 2012, 9:56 AM - re: Robocop Reboot (Pre-release) #75

I really don't understand why Hollywood has to reboot every franchise. I know there is the argument of re-introducing it to a newer generation but why not focus their efforts on new ideas?

Sean