Red Dawn (2012)

ghostryder

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Saw the trailer on Entertainment Tonight, hopefully it'll be online soon.

MGM's 'Red Dawn' Remake Finally Ready to Make its Big Appearance | FirstShowing.net

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies...t-look-red-dawn/56623736/(Life+-+Top+Stories)

RedDawnGroupKidsTrioFL12-wid3.jpg

So who are the bad guys now? First it was Chinese? Now Korean? Is it still Koreans or has someone else bought off the film makers?

About time, man that thing has been in the can forever.

We had a member here who was an extra on some of that shoot!

N. Korea invades?

Yeah right.

They don't have the balls to make what a Red Dawn scenario would require today for fear of offending both people here and abroad.

Well, they could have picked the Burmese again, and got John Rambo involved too :lol.
Really does sound and look like a lot of silliness for the sake of a cash cow.

lee

North Korea kinda lacks the punch of the Russkies, doesn't it. The original is a guilty-pleasure B-movie, but still great fun to watch (I can't count how many times I've seen it). This just looks meh.

And no Wolverines, come on. This Red looks dead.

Wonder if they will even show citizens who owned firearms previously and were part of the American self reliance culture like the first film.

Meh. Without the Chinese this film really is a joke. I'll pass.

I'd even need more then that, the collapse of American vigilence and the internal enablers of weakness would also be required in my view. But again, Hollywood is incapable of going near that so overtly.

Maybe if it was space invaders it can be shown.

Well the premise here was that the North Koreans invade BACKED by China and Russia. So I suppose that is the "how they did it part."

Kinda makes sense if you think about it. North Korea has that special kind of crazy and in deep enough in China's pocket (China is the reason their puny ass excuse for a nation survived the Korean War in the first place) that they make a perfect scape goat.

I don't see how the original could be considered a comedy......it was more a social commentary than a comedy - but each their own.

I will give this the benefit of the doubt until I can see it. Who knows - it might be cool.

I don't see how the original could be considered a comedy......it was more a social commentary than a comedy - but each their own.

With the unintentionally funny dialogue and super manly macho direction coupled with some supremely terrible performances I can't help but laugh when I watch it. It's a fun movie but I find it impossible to take it seriously.

Are there any girls on the team? One of the things I liked about the original was the fact the girls were just as tough and more than held their own. If this is going to be a Bromance Sausage fest, forget it.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back