The Purge (Post-release)

Vivek

Master Member
The Purge Official Trailer #1 (2013) - Ethan Hawke, Lena Headey Thriller HD - YouTube

THE PURGE Director Admits Which STAR TREK Episode Influenced His Movie | Badass Digest

Was hoping to see it this month, but looks like it's not getting a proper wide release.

Release Date: June 7, 2013

Director: James DeMonaco
Screenwriter: James DeMonaco
Starring: Ethan Hawke, Lena Headey

IMDB: The Purge (2013) - IMDb

The-Purge-Poster.jpg

Attachments

• The-Purge-Poster.jpg
    The-Purge-Poster.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 46
  • The-Purge-Poster.jpg
    The-Purge-Poster.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 49
  • The-Purge-Poster.jpg
    The-Purge-Poster.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited by a moderator:
Never heard of this film but who else other than me immediately thought to check the ban log when they saw "The Purge" title? :lol

The premise itself looks crazy and I love it but I fear it will just be another home invasion movie like The Strangers. I think I could have a better conversation about the premise of the movie than about the move itself.

Last edited:
Honestly... saw the trailer and it did nothing for me or anyone in the theater room.

Even heard a couple 'sigh'.

Ya, premise is awesome but it looks like jut another home invasion flick.

Would like to see a more "on the streets" take on this.

I heard the radio commercial today and I wish I left it at that because it sounded awesome. I'll see it when it comes out on vid cause it has Sarah Connor but I was thinking it was going to be a mass city type thing.

Saw it in a sold-out early showing last night. The real star of this movie seemed to be the Mossberg "Chainsaw" judging from the audience's reaction.

I admit the entire billiard room invasion scene was a rush.

It was ok, but kept reminding me of The Strangers. The annoying son was hands down the worse part of the whole movie imo

Yeah, I wanted that kid to die SOOOO BADLY. And the "Jokeresque" kid at the front door was a bit over the top. This movie had SO much potential.

I was expecting a turkey, and got something that I actually enjoyed. The last little bit at the end involving the glass dining room table was particularly satisfying.

Good for them for making a profit.

Saw it, it was ok.. I didn't really understand the whole "We hate you cuz you sold the whole neighborhood security systems and even though we all used free will and choose to buy them from you, you got a big fat bonus and made your house bigger so we're all jealous so we hate you and have to kill you.."

This movie could have been so much better. It had a real 70s dystopian future movie vibe to it at first. Sort of sure things are going good but there is always a price then it turned into the typical modern home invasion movie.

If I see it at all, I won't be supporting it in theaters.
From one article:

But while the plot may seem on its surface like any of hundreds of other futuristic hellscape directorial visions
from "Clockwork Orange" to "Oblivion,"
"The Purge" has been dubbed by some a thinly veiled attack on the Tea Party and National Rifle Association,
and has some critics rolling their eyes.

In an interview with Bloody Disgusting, DeMonaco said the leadership of his 2022 United States was indeed based on the NRA,
although he tried to use a light touch.

"I layered in these New Founding Fathers, this regime that we voted into power at some point,
some kind of NRA-thing that took over the country," he said.
"But I kind of left that to the audience.
I think sometimes in my writing I try to spoon feed too much,
it’s better to let the audience make their own decisions on things."

While it is the director's option to put his view out there that the NRA promotes lawlessness and violence,
it is my option as an NRA member to not lend (ticket purchase money) credence to his view.

Mike
My Firefly/Serenity Collection:
SerenityMovie.net :: View topic - Firefly/Serenity Weapons Collection

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back